SportsWrath

Burress Says He'll Play

mickeef2

Big-mouthed fuck. I'm willing to bet he won't (produce), then he'll say he wasn't 100%.

I think he is being used by the Giants brain trust as some sort of stalking horse. You know, draw their attention away from where they really want to go to like plenty of Tiki, Jacobs, Shockey and maybe a touch of Carter here or there. Get them all hot and bothered about Burress then kill them with the other guys. At least that is what I hope is going on here. :confused: Because if he is just mouthing off....then someone should tell him to shut the fuck up and produce on Sunday. Then he can do ballin' all he wants. :brooding:

I think he is being used by the Giants brain trust as some sort of stalking horse. You know, draw their attention away from where they really want to go to like plenty of Tiki, Jacobs, Shockey and maybe a touch of Carter here or there. Get them all hot and bothered about Burress then kill them with the other guys. At least that is what I hope is going on here. :confused: Because if he is just mouthing off....then someone should tell him to shut the fuck up and produce on Sunday. Then he can do ballin' all he wants. :brooding:

I hope you're right, but knowing what an idiot this guy is, I wouldn't be shocked if he's doing this on his own.

what he said was right though, not saying he should have said it but...Jason Taylor did said the same thing and they still killed them...I expect a big game

Yeah he is right. I am not calling them a bunch of scrubs...but they do get the benefit of the mayhem caused by their d-line upfront. The Giants get the same benefit because we have not had a real shutdown -lockdown corner since Mark Haynes and before that "Spider" Lockhart. There was a guy who wore number 25 during the late 80's early 90's (what was his name... Mark Collins?) who was pretty good as well. And all of these guys played during era's when you could really defend against the pass as opposed to being an exploited corn-holed contortionist that most cornerbacks are these days. Hell if you even look at some of these receivers you will get a penalty; whereas the NFL's Obi Wan of the push off (Michael Irvin) and his disciple Anakin ( as in T.O....B.O....O.D., whatever) can do whatever they please with a D-Back. The only thing I would really worry about is that the Cubbies might take a drill shot or two where they may have laid off without the extra commentary from Burress. We do not need any more guys sitting on the sidelines being cheerleaders (that is what you have Couglin for, LOL just coach baby...just coach). :P

I hope you're right, but knowing what an idiot this guy is, I wouldn't be shocked if he's doing this on his own.

:rolleyes:

I don't know why people are so bent out of shape about it. The "bulletin board material" talk is pure nonsense. Maybe it wasn't the classiest thing to do, but it will have no bearing on the game what-so-ever. If Burress goes out and plays lights out, some of you will develop stort term memory losses.

Burress has been terrific on the field this season. Without him we lose most of our games.

Relax.

Where are you tonight Plax? Plax? Hello? :furious:

What the fuck are you talking about? Plax made every play possible... he was overthrown, underthrown, thrown behind and in front... He talked shit, it was true and he backed it up, Eli just couldn't get it to him like he needed to. Plax and Tiki played great and the D just got tired without the depth because of injuries.

What the fuck are you talking about? Plax made every play possible... he was overthrown, underthrown, thrown behind and in front... He talked shit, it was true and he backed it up, Eli just couldn't get it to him like he needed to. Plax and Tiki played great and the D just got tired without the depth because of injuries.

He did nothing. Oh wait- he fumbled on the 5-yard line. Yeah, I know- it didn't count anyway. He didn't know that when he fumbled, though. He came up very, very small. He's a bum, and a very dopey one at that.

Typical Big game Plex, Friend of mine who is a Pigsburg fan said he was the same way in Pitt. I want to refuse to believe he sucks in big games but i can only rember him showing up for one and that was the Come back vs the eagles...

He had that fumble you're right, but he was getting open all game, it's not his fault Eli over threw him and he's 6'5. I will agree though, he does have a good disappearing act when it comes to big games, but honestly you can't say he didn't play well last night. And to talk shit and back it up (other than that fumble of course) I think is big.