SportsWrath

Chase for the Cup is stupid

so-cal dub

Tony Stewart has picked up more points then any of the drivers in the chase the last 7 races, yet all he can do is finish 11th.

Bullshit!

I agree, plus, I said last year when Biff was in it and I'll say it this year when he's not. If you're gonna have a playoff typesituation, the drivers not in it should not be racing whith the drivers who are..

Plus, Toys are in Nascar next season, I heard they will be using straight as next year.

I'm just about done with Nascar.

I agree, plus, I said last year when Biff was in it and I'll say it this year when he's not. If you're gonna have a playoff typesituation, the drivers not in it should not be racing whith the drivers who are..

Plus, Toys are in Nascar next season, I heard they will be using straight as next year.

I'm just about done with Nascar.

:huh: Huh?

Toyota's

I agree when a Driver that is not even in the chase can completely take a contender out ( 2 FUCKING WEEKS IN A FUCKING ROW) :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

ahhh... TOYota.

Yeah they should've just left the damn points chase alone. Tony would've had 3rd championship in 4 years. :brooding:

• 4 weeks later...

I like the idea of the Chase but I think it should be modified. I think it was Mark Martin who came up with the idea that they should let drivers into it within a certain amount of points to the leader. That way the number of drivers would fluctuate each year. Either way I wish Jeff Burton would win a cup soon. He's been so close so many times and really is a classy driver for NASCAR.

I like the idea of the Chase but I think it should be modified. I think it was Mark Martin who came up with the idea that they should let drivers into it within a certain amount of points to the leader. That way the number of drivers would fluctuate each year. Either way I wish Jeff Burton would win a cup soon. He's been so close so many times and really is a classy driver for NASCAR.

Only problem with that is, when a driver misses the final cut by 1 point it will just open up more hostility towards the system. I think they should just go back to how it was before, but award more points to race winners.

Only problem with that is, when a driver misses the final cut by 1 point it will just open up more hostility towards the system. I think they should just go back to how it was before, but award more points to race winners.

Ding, we have a winner. The old way was proven and I don't think any less exciting than the chase. So maybe the last 3 races were not as dramatic, at least if someone made a run like Tony's run this year they would still have a shot. I also agree with making wins more valuble, make the drivers take more risks late in a race.

Ding, we have a winner. The old way was proven and I don't think any less exciting than the chase. So maybe the last 3 races were not as dramatic, at least if someone made a run like Tony's run this year they would still have a shot. I also agree with making wins more valuble, make the drivers take more risks late in a race.

I forgot to add to that post, which would've made Tony win it by a landslide. :P

Oh well, water under the bridge.