SportsWrath

fassel gets shit canned

hlb37

anyone else see this headline today. Looks like the self proclaimed football genuis Billick needed a scapegoat so Jim had to go

To be fair, the Ravens' offensive #s are horrific. Have we forgotten when Shaun Payton took over play calling? Best of luck to Jim though. Him and Billick are good friends and it's thanks to Billick Fassel landed another job.

To be fair, the Ravens' offensive #s are horrific. Have we forgotten when Shaun Payton took over play calling? Best of luck to Jim though. Him and Billick are good friends and it's thanks to Billick Fassel landed another job.

I think you are confused man. It was Fassel who took the play calling away from SP. That is what led to him leaving for Dallas the next year. In the article on ESPN.com Fassel says that neither him or Billick were leading the offensive system, it was a combined effort and that just doesn't work. Billicks head coaching job was on the line so he decided to take over all the responsibility on the offensive side. Doesnt' sound like JF is bitter at all.

I think you are confused man. It was Fassel who took the play calling away from SP. That is what led to him leaving for Dallas the next year. In the article on ESPN.com Fassel says that neither him or Billick were leading the offensive system, it was a combined effort and that just doesn't work. Billicks head coaching job was on the line so he decided to take over all the responsibility on the offensive side. Doesnt' sound like JF is bitter at all.

We're both correct.. in a sense. It was Shaun Peyton who took over the play calling from Fassel and he ad great success.. then that success faded. That's when Jim took over the play calling.. again. That's what I remember.

Everything that's being reported by the media is that Billick told Fassell that he doesn't wan't the blame for their awful offensive #'s on anyone other than himself.

What makes me laugh is that Billick was the "offensive genius" that set a then NFL record for points scored in 1998 with the Vikings, he comes here and can't get a QB to pass for anywhere near 3,000 yards. However as we saw last night between the Cards & the Bears a dominant defense that doesn't quit can win games when a team's offense can't even get out of it's own way.

We're both correct.. in a sense. It was Shaun Peyton who took over the play calling from Fassel and he ad great success.. then that success faded. That's when Jim took over the play calling.. again. That's what I remember.

Yeah, you might be right on that. I think I remember SP doing the play calling in the super bowl year, and JF taking over in the San Fransisco playoff disaster year.

Yeah, you might be right on that. I think I remember SP doing the play calling in the super bowl year, and JF taking over in the San Fransisco playoff disaster year.

Actually Fassel took over from Payton after the Detroit loss and made the famous prediction right to the Superbowl. Payton is an OK coach on a team that finally got rid of their headache, Brooks.