SportsWrath

Giants Roster Moves

Mr. P

Ahh, that sucks then. Fuck you Reese.

I read that Denver's bye week is within Prater's suspension timeframe. So, if Prater is suspended for 4 games (as opposed to 4 weeks), Denver will be in need of McManus' services for 5 weeks of the season...meaning we'd get the conditional pick if I'm reading this all correctly. Nothing to get too excited about anyhow...it's a 7th rounder after all.

From ESPN: Prater has been suspended for the first four games of this season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. Because of Denver's Week 4 bye, Prater will not be eligible for reinstatement until Week 6 against the New York Jets.

Josh Brown’s numbers went up during kicking competition with Brandon McManus.
Brown, who essentially won the kicking competition today after McManus was waived as part of NFL clubs reducing their rosters to 75 players, had nothing but praise for the promising young kicker. Brown said that McManus pushed him to be better and that he will end up on another NFL roster within 48 hours (which is precisely what happened when Denver traded for McManus before he was officially waived by the Giants). “Even where I was last year and everything I did kickoff-wise went up with him here,” Brown said. “Absolutely there’s positive benefit for me and positive benefit for him as far as just learning. It’s never fun. He was upset and it just very easily could’ve been the other way.”

So Denver traded for a player about to be waived. Brilliant!

Yep...and I'm wondering if the conditional pick part of it wasn't an oversight on Denver's part. Perhaps they confused the 4 GAME suspension (of Prater) with the 4 WEEK timeframe (of the conditional pick) and not accounting for the early bye week.

Then again, perhaps they were just impressed with what they saw out of McManus and wanted to jump on him before some other team did and they figured a likely meaningless 7th rounder was worth it.

Brown wins kicking job over McManus

TE Xavier Grimble and Jerome Cunningham Released

CB Charles James Released

LB Spencer Adkins Released

Apparently Rolle isn't too happy about James' release.

• 1 month later...