SportsWrath

Phil Simms: New offense will be easier on Eli

JMFP

My first reaction (I remember it like it was yesterday) to Dave Brown's signing was "Duke plays Football?"

Man, between him and Danny.K .....I thought the Giants just didn't care anymore.

both of them, right? yeah i used to like him as a commentator. somewhere along the line he got lazy. he seems to phone it in sometimes and then say something dumb to get press. most of the CBS NFL team is like that.

spmebody reads this forum...

Dan Marino And Shannon Sharpe Have Been Fired From CBS

Kristin Bowser

CBS has just announced that studio analysts Shannon Sharpe and Dan Marino won’t be returning this fall for its NFL pregame and halftime shows. So who does CBS have in mind to replace these guys? At least one new face you’ll be seeing on The NFL Today come this football season is former Atlanta Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez.

Sharpe has taken to Twitter to express his thoughts on the matter.

My first reaction (I remember it like it was yesterday) to Dave Brown's signing was "Duke plays Football?"

Exactly...remember he was taken in the Supplemental Draft ...I guess to keep him from being grabbed (oh GOD why wasn't he???) by other teams he was so "good" ... a can't miss... :russian-roulette2:

Man, between him and Danny.K .....I thought the Giants just didn't care anymore.

At least Kanell had heart...no talent but a lot of heart. I used to love to hear Danny Boy Reeves describe his QB whether Kid Davey, Danny Boy K annel or Kent "Clark" Graham...."....well...uh...well they managed the game well...." :LMAO: I know Old Dan Reeves wanted to hawk up and puke whenever he said it. But Dan Reeves had feet of clay too...remember he was so hung up on this no talent QB whose only great games were against the Giants because of the Curse of the Backup QB...wtf was his name. I cannot remember. And then Dano brings him here and he promptly serves up like 4 interceptions in a single game...I think one or two were run back for TD's... :LMAO:

spmebody reads this forum...

Dan Marino And Shannon Sharpe Have Been Fired From CBS

Kristin Bowser

CBS has just announced that studio analysts Shannon Sharpe and Dan Marino won’t be returning this fall for its NFL pregame and halftime shows. So who does CBS have in mind to replace these guys? At least one new face you’ll be seeing on The NFL Today come this football season is former Atlanta Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez.

Sharpe has taken to Twitter to express his thoughts on the matter.

Great... I sigh whenever I hear Shannon Sharpe speaks...he sounds like a learning disabled O.J. Simpson...who literally tested out a couple of points above Borderline MR (O.J. that is)...and to hear Dan Marino talk...well all I hear is the bitterness of the NFL's greatest QB never to win a Superbowl. They won't be missed. Its a shame...CBS is where great football TV was born.

At least Kanell had heart...no talent but a lot of heart. I used to love to hear Danny Boy Reeves describe his QB whether Kid Davey, Danny Boy K annel or Kent "Clark" Graham...."....well...uh...well they managed the game well...." :LMAO: I know Old Dan Reeves wanted to hawk up and puke whenever he said it. But Dan Reeves had feet of clay too...remember he was so hung up on this no talent QB whose only great games were against the Giants because of the Curse of the Backup QB...wtf was his name. I cannot remember. And then Dano brings him here and he promptly serves up like 4 interceptions in a single game...I think one or two were run back for TD's... :LMAO:

I know who you mean. Tommy Maddox? He went on to win a playoff game for the steelers

I can't hardly stand to remember those days of the early 90's, bad time to be a NY fan :laugh:

Those were some fucked up teams!!

Great... I sigh whenever I hear Shannon Sharpe speaks...he sounds like a learning disabled O.J. Simpson...who literally tested out a couple of points above Borderline MR (O.J. that is)...and to hear Dan Marino talk...well all I hear is the bitterness of the NFL's greatest QB never to win a Superbowl. They won't be missed. Its a shame...CBS is where great football TV was born.

He used to be on a show with Bob Papa on Sirius. No joke the guy used to eat his lunch during the show. Papa was awesome and tried to cover for him and whatnot but it was obvious that Sharpe was chowing down on a sandwich.

I know who you mean. Tommy Maddox? He went on to win a playoff game for the steelers

YEAH...that's the guy... he had two out of this world games against the Giants ...and then the one he plays...he makes Pisarcik and Goldsteyn look like Johnny Unitas... :D

He used to be on a show with Bob Papa on Sirius. No joke the guy used to eat his lunch during the show. Papa was awesome and tried to cover for him and whatnot but it was obvious that Sharpe was chowing down on a sandwich.

Wow ...talk about professionalism... I swear to GOD he sounds like some of my clients I used to supervise in adult mental retardation group homes... :P