SportsWrath

For the record...

gateb

i still find it funny that fellow Yankee fans want to trade the best player in baseball (you could make an argument for Pujols or even Papi now). The guy is about to enter the prime of his career and he has accomplished so much. He has the potential to pass Aaron on the home run list. I believe he is the 400-450 range. He is closing in on 100 RBI for the season. He drews alot of walks and doesn't swing at many bat pitches. Although his play at third has not been up to par this season, he almost won a gold glove last season. IMO, the only reason he didn't was because the voters were used to giving it to A's 3B Eric Chavez. Also, to criticize him because he as the highest paid player is bullshit. Sorry VG, but you have to blame the Rangers for giving him all that money. (coff coff Chan Ho Park, now on the Padres). He is such a bad person for agreeing to that contract. If someone offered you 250 million over 10 years, I think you would do the same. Every player experiences a season or two like this over a long career. What frustrates me is that next year when he is back to MVP status, everybody who jumped off his bandwagon this year will be right back on it saying "I never doubted you Alex. MVP 07!". because that is just being a fairweather fan and nobody likes them. I have not once made any comment about trading him or that he sucks major balls or any of that crap. So when he ends next season with 50+ homers, wins a gold glove, is in the top 5-10 in the AL in BA, and once again brings glory back to his name, you guys know who said it first, Torn084.

What Yankee fans on this board thought it would be a good idea to trade him? That was just a bunch of bullshit speculation by our friends in Bristol trying to create something out of nothing. If he wasn't on our team theres no way we would have won the AL East last year, considering we tied the Sox and only beat them by a tie breaker. You have to figure that Alex was at least one win.

It just seems like the more he tries to get fans and the media to like him, the bigger hole he digs for himself. A lot of it's unfair, but thats just the way it is.

I never rip A-Rod as a Yankees fan...although pretty much all of my friends who are also Yankees fans do...I really hate to see him struggle, knowing like you said that he is without a doubt one of the top 3 players in the game. I think that he has been playing well lately, I mean sure the errors have been there but those really cast a bad shadow on everything else he has done. This "True Yankee" stuff is really stupid, I don't know why Yankees fans insist on torturing their own players...I still believe a good October for A-Rod can completely turn things around (not that "things" have really been that terrible to begin with)

i still find it funny that fellow Yankee fans want to trade the best player in baseball (you could make an argument for Pujols or even Papi now). The guy is about to enter the prime of his career and he has accomplished so much. He has the potential to pass Aaron on the home run list. I believe he is the 400-450 range. He is closing in on 100 RBI for the season. He drews alot of walks and doesn't swing at many bat pitches. Although his play at third has not been up to par this season, he almost won a gold glove last season. IMO, the only reason he didn't was because the voters were used to giving it to A's 3B Eric Chavez. Also, to criticize him because he as the highest paid player is bullshit. Sorry VG, but you have to blame the Rangers for giving him all that money. (coff coff Chan Ho Park, now on the Padres). He is such a bad person for agreeing to that contract. If someone offered you 250 million over 10 years, I think you would do the same. Every player experiences a season or two like this over a long career. What frustrates me is that next year when he is back to MVP status, everybody who jumped off his bandwagon this year will be right back on it saying "I never doubted you Alex. MVP 07!". because that is just being a fairweather fan and nobody likes them. I have not once made any comment about trading him or that he sucks major balls or any of that crap. So when he ends next season with 50+ homers, wins a gold glove, is in the top 5-10 in the AL in BA, and once again brings glory back to his name, you guys know who said it first, Torn084.

No one realistically wanted him to be traded. It was out of pure frustration of the moment from Yankees fans. Ones that consistently wanted him traded are just stupid and I don't think too many Yankees fans are THAT dumb.

Just some thoughts on this:

1. B, you spoke too soon.

2. Trade him? Who wants to trade him? I want to keep him so we can make his life as miserable as he’s making ours.

3. There’s talk that the problem with Arod is his ego has taken too much of a hit. Could be.

4. He’s a media darling, and his winning the MVP last year probably didn’t help. Now he has a hard time living up to that.

5. Arod, home runs don’t win ballgames, RBI’s do. Hitting behind Damon and Jeter, and now Abreu, you don’t need the long ball to score runs. Most times, a base hit will suffice. Just hit the freaking ball and the home runs will come.

Just some thoughts on this:

1. B, you spoke too soon.

2. Trade him? Who wants to trade him? I want to keep him so we can make his life as miserable as he’s making ours.

3. There’s talk that the problem with Arod is his ego has taken too much of a hit. Could be.

4. He’s a media darling, and his winning the MVP last year probably didn’t help. Now he has a hard time living up to that.

5. Arod, home runs don’t win ballgames, RBI’s do. Hitting behind Damon and Jeter, and now Abreu, you don’t need the long ball to score runs. Most times, a base hit will suffice. Just hit the freaking ball and the home runs will come.

That's what I was hoping for ;)