SportsWrath

New York Mets (71-47) at Philadelphia Phillies (58-60) gamethread

Plax 4 Prez

In the words of Ron Burgandy:

Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.

Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch.

Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?

Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.

Ron Burgundy: I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?

Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.

Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

That game was gross. I turned it off at 9-0 i think. Milledge looked horrible in right. Any news on Pedro's calf muscle?

Day-to-day. Although if it is nagging I hope they will de-activate him and call up Bannister, Perez, or Soler to take his spot for 3 starts... the division is ours anyhow and we need him fresh for the playoffs.

Speaking of Perez, anyone know how he is doing so far in the farm?

last start:

6 IP, 1 ER, 7 K, 1BB, Loss.

Norfolk sucks.

But before that he gave up 11 ER in .1 IP in his first game started.

last start:

6 IP, 1 ER, 7 K, 1BB, Loss.

Norfolk sucks.

But before that he gave up 11 ER in .1 IP in his first game started.

and I read in the star ledger today he just went 6 innings and gave up 5 runs or something like that.

Big of you to say,

especially when you are gettin' SPANKED! :LMAO:

Well what can I say. We cannot win them all and cannot expect to sweep you guys at home, everytime. I guess some of us expect a little more. You guys are just playing good ball as of late. I am not making excuses for the Mets. Just ran into a hot team like what happend a few months ago in Boston.

Wow. This ballpark is a JOKE.

I have always said, since we have had Reyes in leadoff that if he hits a homer, we had better have won the game.

When he hits 3 fucking homers we better have broken the record for runs scored in a game for the mets.

Reyes is on roids and the whole Met team is dead.

Wow. This ballpark is a JOKE.

I have always said, since we have had Reyes in leadoff that if he hits a homer, we had better have won the game.

When he hits 3 fucking homers we better have broken the record for runs scored in a game for the mets.

Reyes is on roids and the whole Met team is dead.

Carlos Delgado is a joke... :(

Carlos Delgado is a joke... :(

Ya, might as well bat Reyes cleanup. Hell, he could take Wrights spot in the lineup, too.

Right now, no one on the Mets can hold Reyes' jock but Carlos Beltran, and even he is slipping.

Ya, might as well bat Reyes cleanup. Hell, he could take Wrights spot in the lineup, too.

Right now, no one on the Mets can hold Reyes' jock but Carlos Beltran, and even he is slipping.

Reyes is almost back to .300 while Wright's almost out of .300, but Lo Duca is still at .314