SportsWrath

Cliff Floyd to the 15 day DL

jranieli

metsblog

ccording to SNY, the Mets have placed OF Cliff Floyd on the disabled list, due to his sore Achilles'...

Veteran OF Michael Tucker has been called up from Norfolk to take his place. Tucker, another lefty, is batting .265 with 6 HR and 33 RBI in 275 at-bats for the Tides this season...

I thought the same thing.

Player AVG G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO

V Diaz .219 92 338 28 74 15 0 8 35 113 23 94

pretty bad. :huh:

Wow he is batting .219 8 homers and 35 rbi's. In 338 at bats? What the hell has happend to him? He played a hell of a lot better in the majors last year. I thought he would give us some depth in the outfield this year. Is there an injury that we don't know about? It's a shame. I would actually bring him up instead of Tucker to give him another shot.

Remember the days when he was known as Mini-Manny?

Yeah, what happened with all that? They probably wanted another left handed bat if they could, and obviously Victor isn't swinging the bat well enough to bring him up instead of the lefty.

Yeah, what happened with all that? They probably wanted another left handed bat if they could, and obviously Victor isn't swinging the bat well enough to bring him up instead of the lefty.

Thing is we forced him up too quick, and then messed with his head. Made it look like he was ready to play in the majors then sent him to the minors then back up and down. He was our yo yo of our roster but he was too talented to be moved around like that, and it hurt him.

Thing is we forced him up too quick, and then messed with his head. Made it look like he was ready to play in the majors then sent him to the minors then back up and down. He was our yo yo of our roster but he was too talented to be moved around like that, and it hurt him.

Victor Diaz and talent cannot be mentioned in the same sentence.

I really would have no idea, but I think if you really had the talent the yo yo effect wouldn't bother you.