SportsWrath

Sam Madison on Mike and Mad Dog

parlintm

I caught the end of the session with him on Mike and Dog... a few things I picked up:

-- Talked about how he doesnt miss games. Says that despite injuries, his priority is to make the field on Sunday and he can be counted on to be there on game day.

-- Says the key to the Giants success is to not have many injuries. Says this is what derailed his team in Miami.

-- Made a comment on how the Giants have some great young players. He says he was suprised at how good/young some of these guys were. Was shocked to hear Tuck was only in his second year. Described Tuck as "incredible."

Overall.... not a whole lot. I loved his praise of Tuck though, especially since it was totally out of the blue and unprovoked.

I caught the end of the session with him on Mike and Dog... a few things I picked up:

-- Talked about how he doesnt miss games. Says that despite injuries, his priority is to make the field on Sunday and he can be counted on to be there on game day.

-- Says the key to the Giants success is to not have many injuries. Says this is what derailed his team in Miami.

-- Made a comment on how the Giants have some great young players. He says he was suprised at how good/young some of these guys were. Was shocked to hear Tuck was only in his second year. Described Tuck as "incredible."

Overall.... not a whole lot. I loved his praise of Tuck though, especially since it was totally out of the blue and unprovoked.

As a Dolphins fan, I could never get enough of this guy. He comes out playing hard every week. Sam plays through injuries and he never questions the coach. He's an all around team player. Although he has lost some speed and is not quite as sharp at stopping the run, any Giant fan should be extremely happy to have him on the team.

As a Dolphins fan, I could never get enough of this guy. He comes out playing hard every week. Sam plays through injuries and he never questions the coach. He's an all around team player. Although he has lost some speed and is not quite as sharp at stopping the run, any Giant fan should be extremely happy to have him on the team.

As a giants fan, believe me, you'll be gettting ALOT of this:

Cornerback Will Allen did a perfect job of reading a pass thrown by Culpepper, anticipating the target and jumping in front of wide receiver Derek Hagan at full speed to bat down the pass. Allen probably should have caught the ball, and it would have been an easy touchdown considering the momentum he had built up. That’s the second near-interception for Allen in two days…

lol enjoy :TU::LMAO:

As a giants fan, believe me, you'll be gettting ALOT of this:

lol enjoy :TU::LMAO:

Considering Madison, in his prime, was arguably the best corner in Dolphins franchise history, I can not expect the same out of any newcomer, including Allen. Although INTs are nice, if the WR doesn't catch the ball, it is still good.

Culpepper shouldn't have thrown an interception to begin with. And Hagan should have had better presence of mind to block Allen from the ball. Just a thought, :TU: if only we were that good...

Thanks man :)

Culpepper shouldn't have thrown an interception to begin with. And Hagan should have had better presence of mind to block Allen from the ball. Just a thought, :TU: if only we were that good...

Are you kidding me? Culpepper is a turnover machine. Without Randy Moss, he's garbage. hope you have someone over 6'5. Cause, if not, expect around 20 picks this year, if not, more.

Are you kidding me? Culpepper is a turnover machine. Without Randy Moss, he's garbage. hope you have someone over 6'5. Cause, if not, expect around 20 picks this year, if not, more.

Culpepper's gonna have his share of turnovers for sure, but he'll be fine this year. Maybe a month or two he might be shaky adjusting to the system and developing timing with his new WRs, but he was a steal for the Phins IMO.

just wait till chris chambers has a career year cause he'll owe it all to culpepper

i was just kidding. like haha. i know C-pep has some turnover problems. As for Moss, most talented receiver in the game, no doubt, but Chambers plays a similiar style to him so don't be surpised. I have vision of deep balls beign thrown to Chambers :drool:

just wait till chris chambers has a career year cause he'll owe it all to culpepper

I do think chris chambers is a very talented reciever, but most of culpepper's throws to Moss were just lobbed up becasue Moss can jump over anyone in the NFL. Culpepper doesn't have this luxury in miami so don't hold your breath if your expecting 'culpepper numbers'. He has the injury and new team excuses for this year, but in 2 seasons everyone will know what a mediocreqb he is.

I do think chris chambers is a very talented reciever, but most of culpepper's throws to Moss were just lobbed up becasue Moss can jump over anyone in the NFL. Culpepper doesn't have this luxury in miami so don't hold your breath if your expecting 'culpepper numbers'. He has the injury and new team excuses for this year, but in 2 seasons everyone will know what a mediocreqb he is.

don't be hatin!

if Chambers is not a "very talented receiver", how did he have a pro bowl season last year? By the way if you didn't notice, the QB was Gus Frerotte. Let me say that again, GUS FREROTTE. Culpepper is a huge upgrade over Gus and that will show. As for Chambers stature, I believe he is like Steve Smith height like 5 '11 or 6'. He has decent jumping ability and showed that last season, although nowhere near Moss

I believe the 2 people who will benefit more from Daunte are Ronnie Brown and Randy McMichael. With an extra 100 carries this season, Brown's numbers should skyrocket. Plus, Daunte is very good at play action, which will make Brown even better.

In Minnesota, Jermaine Wiggins was Daunte's second target, besides Moss. Last season, McMichael was really neglected by Gussy. Randy has alot of potential, but has played inconistently over the past few seasons and he has not reached his pinnacle. Don't be surpised when you see McMichael in the top 5 TE in next year's FF drafts.

don't be hatin!

if Chambers is not a "very talented receiver", how did he have a pro bowl season last year? By the way if you didn't notice, the QB was Gus Frerotte. Let me say that again, GUS FREROTTE. Culpepper is a huge upgrade over Gus and that will show. As for Chambers stature, I believe he is like Steve Smith height like 5 '11 or 6'. He has decent jumping ability and showed that last season, although nowhere near Moss

I believe the 2 people who will benefit more from Daunte are Ronnie Brown and Randy McMichael. With an extra 100 carries this season, Brown's numbers should skyrocket. Plus, Daunte is very good at play action, which will make Brown even better.

In Minnesota, Jermaine Wiggins was Daunte's second target, besides Moss. Last season, McMichael was really neglected by Gussy. Randy has alot of potential, but has played inconistently over the past few seasons and he has not reached his pinnacle. Don't be surpised when you see McMichael in the top 5 TE in next year's FF drafts.

He did say he was a very talented WR ;)

Come on, did you see some of the long balls he threw in Minny? Those were some of the best passes you'll ever see. Obviously Moss helped him out tremendously so maybe the #s he put up in Minny won't be expected in Miami but they don't really need those numbers. The running game should be improved in Miami, which is more then Daunte ever got in Minnesota after the Robert Smith era ended.

And luckily for Daunte, he isn't heading from an indoor stadium to a place like Green Bay or New York. Miami is warm year round, that's bound to help him.

He did say he was a very talented WR ;)

Come on, did you see some of the long balls he threw in Minny? Those were some of the best passes you'll ever see. Obviously Moss helped him out tremendously so maybe the #s he put up in Minny won't be expected in Miami but they don't really need those numbers. The running game should be improved in Miami, which is more then Daunte ever got in Minnesota after the Robert Smith era ended.

yea my bad. i read it wrong

And luckily for Daunte, he isn't heading from an indoor stadium to a place like Green Bay or New York. Miami is warm year round, that's bound to help him.

Daunte has just been cleared to start the first exibition game in Jacksonville. Hopefully it will point to a good season.

Luckily, I am most likely getting NFL season ticket on comcast digital cable. Cuz I'm in Jersey and the only time I see them is against the Jets, which shouldnt prove a challenge for a couple fo years. So I'll be able to keep everyone updated on all the Dolphins' weekly performances! :TU:

I dont care too much for Culpepper or Chambers. They both should have good but not eye-popping seasons.

One thing that I do know for sure is that coach of yours, brilliant man. I was gunning for Saban or Weiss, at the time the Giants were hunting for a coach. Oh well, cant complain too much with Coughlin. It is Hufnagel who needs to be shot.

I dont care too much for Culpepper or Chambers. They both should have good but not eye-popping seasons.

One thing that I do know for sure is that coach of yours, brilliant man. I was gunning for Saban or Weiss, at the time the Giants were hunting for a coach. Oh well, cant complain too much with Coughlin. It is Hufnagel who needs to be shot.

That sentence cannot be stressed enough. :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: not enough room for all the :worshippy: he deserves

as for "Hufnagel", he was voted top 5 owners in sports. I'm not crazy for him, especially after the Wannstedt era, but he sealed the deal with Saban. He personally flew out to LSU to have a meeting with Nick and something he said brought the deal home.

• 4 weeks later...
That sentence cannot be stressed enough. :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: not enough room for all the :worshippy: he deserves

as for "Hufnagel", he was voted top 5 owners in sports. I'm not crazy for him, especially after the Wannstedt era, but he sealed the deal with Saban. He personally flew out to LSU to have a meeting with Nick and something he said brought the deal home.

Hufnagel is our offensive coordinator...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...