SportsWrath

AL in trouble this All Star game.

Ditto

HAHAHAHA guess who won?? :afro:

Does it matter? It's an exhibition game. I'm pretty sure if the players really felt like it meant something, they would try to bust up double plays instead of just veering off into the outfield when running to second base.

Does it matter? It's an exhibition game. I'm pretty sure if the players really felt like it meant something, they would try to bust up double plays instead of just veering off into the outfield when running to second base.

Unfortunately it does matter beccause like it or not the AL will now have home field advantage for the World Series.

if the NL won it would be the NL is son great. :blah: ..but when the AL wins its just and exhibition game..interesting..

if the NL won it would be the NL is son great. :blah: ..but when the AL wins its just and exhibition game..interesting..

Yeah! I remember the beatings I took when the NL was winning them left and right.

Unfortunately it does matter beccause like it or not the AL will now have home field advantage for the World Series.

But it doesn't matter to the players, and that's why they don't go hard to second base in DP situations. The home field ruling is a terrible rule. Home field should go to the team with the better record. Does Bud Selig really believe that Scott Kazmir is happy now that the White Sox will have home field advantage again?

Did you watch the game? It's an exhibition. If it really mattered, Brad Penny wouldn't have pitched only two innings. Neither would Kenny Rogers have. If it mattered, Soriano might have tried to take out Rodriguez on that play at the plate. And I'm sure that if it mattered, Beltran wouldn't have been trying to steal third with 2 outs in the 9th inning.

yeah but like ozzie said before the game to his AL players, "to one of you this game will mean something, not all, but at least one of you will benefit if we win this game."

It's very true, it does matter.

yeah but like ozzie said before the game to his AL players, "to one of you this game will mean something, not all, but at least one of you will benefit if we win this game."

It's very true, it does matter.

It doesn't matter. The players couldn't care less and it's really stupid that this game decides home field for the WS. If it really mattered, Garner would have had Andruw Jones and Scott Rolen in the game defensively at the end. Players would be doing "take out slides" in DP situations. Soriano might have tried to jar the ball lose from Rodriguez on that close play at the plate. etc. etc. etc.

Home field advantage should go to the team with the better record. It's the fair way to do it, and it might ensure teams to continue to play full out at the end of the season even if they've clinched a berth, knowing every game in the regular season counts.