SportsWrath

Daboll vs Martindale

Mr. P

5 hours ago, Mr. P said:

well of course Daboll said that.  

I honestly trust Jay Glazer’s reporting. 

I do not consume a great deal of traditional sports media.  A little espn TV, check espn website often, etc.  I do listen to a Giants podcasts, Talkin Giants I think, those guys said if Jay Glazer said it, it is absolutely true.  

The shine is wearing on Daboll for me. Not just how bad this season is going, but how he makes himself look like an ass on TV too often, that "fired up all the time" thing.  Reports he isn't everyone's favorite person to work with and be around.  You just don't need that always yelling style coach anymore.  Modern players want to be treated like grown men and they want someone who isn't combustible.  Getting fired up and lifting guys is one thing, dressing down the QB, assistant coaches, all kinds of other players on the sidelines is just demeaning and makes him come off as someone always looking to blame someone, not a coach looking for accountability.  

Successful franchises today are dependable to and accountable to their players and team, are positive influences.  They can even be fired up, like Dan Campbell, but his players would run through a wall for him, based on appearances.  

Daboll just always appear to be dressing someone down and shifting blame, at least that is the appearance to me as a fan. 

1 hour ago, Virginia Giant said:

I do not consume a great deal of traditional sports media.  A little espn TV, check espn website often, etc.  I do listen to a Giants podcasts, Talkin Giants I think, those guys said if Jay Glazer said it, it is absolutely true.  

The shine is wearing on Daboll for me. Not just how bad this season is going, but how he makes himself look like an ass on TV too often, that "fired up all the time" thing.  Reports he isn't everyone's favorite person to work with and be around.  You just don't need that always yelling style coach anymore.  Modern players want to be treated like grown men and they want someone who isn't combustible.  Getting fired up and lifting guys is one thing, dressing down the QB, assistant coaches, all kinds of other players on the sidelines is just demeaning and makes him come off as someone always looking to blame someone, not a coach looking for accountability.  

Successful franchises today are dependable to and accountable to their players and team, are positive influences.  They can even be fired up, like Dan Campbell, but his players would run through a wall for him, based on appearances.  

Daboll just always appear to be dressing someone down and shifting blame, at least that is the appearance to me as a fan. 

do that shit and win, you look like a boss. do that shit while losing, it’s not as good a look. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

do that shit and win, you look like a boss. do that shit while losing, it’s not as good a look. 

Or even just pick your spots to do it, and the spot isn't all the fucking time.  Used as an out of character thing to wake people up is fine, like Reid getting red faced, but right now that IS Daboll character. 

The image of Daboll stuck in my mind is how he basically publicly humiliated Jones (I think, maybe Geno) on the sideline as he was coming off the field, showing him the tablet or whatever with a look of contempt and disgust. 

11 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Or even just pick your spots to do it, and the spot isn't all the fucking time.  Used as an out of character thing to wake people up is fine, like Reid getting red faced, but right now that IS Daboll character. 

The image of Daboll stuck in my mind is how he basically publicly humiliated Jones (I think, maybe Geno) on the sideline as he was coming off the field, showing him the tablet or whatever with a look of contempt and disgust. 

Yeah....after that Redzone INT. Otherwise, Daboll has been a pretty solid guy in interviews and stuff and doesnt at all seem to lose his cool. Hell - even Bellichick lost his shit in the interview when asked about his starting QB. Daboll is just fucking boring in interviews....have to get better, do the things we do best blah blah. The squad just sucks - loved it when Peppers told Saquon 'You lucky we ass' :). Saquon should have responded in kind.