SportsWrath

Leonard Williams now highest paid player on the Giants.

BlueInCanada

Maybe I’m remembering wrong, yes Leonard played de for us last year, when we were in the 3-4, and would slide inside when a 4 man front was used. 

Really we will probably see both of our lineups this year. 

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

He ran a traditional 4 man front in Miami is all in getting at, he had two DTs, a pass rusher and a tweener DE/OLB.

He never used a zero tech DT or those big big molly DEs you need in a traditional 3-4, who have the arm length and size advantage over OTs.

We really don't even have the personal for it since Bettcher ran some bastardized version of it where he wanted the DEs to be smaller which defeats the whole purpose of a 3-4 defense. The DEs and Nose are supposed to take up double teams to free up the LBs.

Instead we had Golden and Williams get constantly isolated and chopped allowing the guards and centers to get into the second level.

our ends last year were Leonard Williams and Dexter Lawrence.... they're freakin huge. 

and there are two basic flavors on how to do the 3-4, there's the two gap variety you're describing, and I think our guys are a good fit for that, either Lawrence or Tominson can play nose, or a one gap variety, which is more of the Wade Phillips flavor of 3-4. 

I don't know shit about Graham's scheme.... hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised....

• 1 month later...