SportsWrath

If/when the NFL season is cancelled....

BlueInCanada

This one of the reasons why I don't think we're having a season. August rolls around, six teams shut down training camp due to COVID... are those contracts still fully paid? If there's a four game season, are contracts pro-rated? What about incentives? Suppose you get a 1m bonus for ten sacks and already had six? What about injury settlements? Does COVID-related complications count towards that if you caught it in your own locker room or from an opposing player? 

It's such a legal shitstorm, I could easily see the league saying "fuck it, we'll try again next year." 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

This one of the reasons why I don't think we're having a season. August rolls around, six teams shut down training camp due to COVID... are those contracts still fully paid? If there's a four game season, are contracts pro-rated? What about incentives? Suppose you get a 1m bonus for ten sacks and already had six? What about injury settlements? Does COVID-related complications count towards that if you caught it in your own locker room or from an opposing player? 

It's such a legal shitstorm, I could easily see the league saying "fuck it, we'll try again next year." 

Yeah and that's the thing do players who contracts expire this year enter next year as free agents?

Or do they freeze the league year and contracts resume next year? So essentially 2021 is when everything starts.

As it gets closer and closer to August and the cases in Murica keep staying the same I don't see a season happening at all.

The NFLPA will vote to suspend the season.