SportsWrath

2019/2020 hot stove

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

So as of now the yanks haven’t made any significant moves other than adding players to the 40 man to protect them from the rule 5.

apparently they’ve made a record offer to Gerrit cole....7 years 245mill.

if that’s their first offer...they’re not playing around. Things could get crazy. I’m not sure I’d got to 300 and 9 years. But that might be what he gets from another team and the Yankees might have to go to 10 and 330....which is insane.

at that point you walk away and get creative to fill out the rotation.

think about it....do they really need Cole? If the astros don’t have him and he goes to the angels...would that stop the Yankees from winning the World Series? I don’t think it does.

the Yankees can win the World Series with the team they have now...especially if Cole isn’t in their way

On 12/9/2019 at 8:51 AM, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

So as of now the yanks haven’t made any significant moves other than adding players to the 40 man to protect them from the rule 5.

apparently they’ve made a record offer to Gerrit cole....7 years 245mill.

if that’s their first offer...they’re not playing around. Things could get crazy. I’m not sure I’d got to 300 and 9 years. But that might be what he gets from another team and the Yankees might have to go to 10 and 330....which is insane.

at that point you walk away and get creative to fill out the rotation.

think about it....do they really need Cole? If the astros don’t have him and he goes to the angels...would that stop the Yankees from winning the World Series? I don’t think it does.

the Yankees can win the World Series with the team they have now...especially if Cole isn’t in their way

Lets just be thankful we don't have to find out!

• 2 weeks later...

Yup...glad he is here..he is the modern day roger clemens in his prime. Even kind of looks like him....6'5 with a blazing heater up in the zone and otherworldly breaking stuff with elite control and command.

His introductory press conference was superb. Kid is very smart. A mike mussina mind with roger clemens stuff and cc sabathia competitiveness.

Couldnt have made a better pitcher in a laboratory

19 hours ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

Yeah I liked both ro and Didi but they were expendable...especially if it meant them or Cole.

the Yankees are so deep they don’t have enough playing time for a lot of guys that deserve 400+ at bats 

I know, they are both just a couple of grinders ...so I sort of root for them. Sort of like Pinnella, White,  and Paul Blair back when I was a kid. Didi is the type that will comeback and kill them in a WS ...which could happen.....there might be some Giradi karma we need to watch out for.

Hey...how you feeling this days? You good? Dont you die on my you crazy fuck...2020 is our year.  

New valves have taken..no rejection. Still taking anti rejection meds but that’s just due diligence.

been having sporadic fevers again and the infectious disease doc doesn’t know why so it’s back to the hospital for a week after the new year for testing. Hopefully it won’t be serious but I’m concerned that they don’t know what is causing them

14 hours ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

New valves have taken..no rejection. Still taking anti rejection meds but that’s just due diligence.

been having sporadic fevers again and the infectious disease doc doesn’t know why so it’s back to the hospital for a week after the new year for testing. Hopefully it won’t be serious but I’m concerned that they don’t know what is causing them

I am sure it is a day to day thing. Is it a plastic valve or bio?

C. Wagon