SportsWrath

Joe Morris and Maurice Carthon

JMFP

Maurice was fucking awesome. Gilbride would cream in his green jeans if he had a guy like Maurice that he could plug in.

Awesome video showing Carthon blowing people out of the way for the great Joe Morris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0-UvfHs3VI

Are you sure Gilly would even know how to use Morris and Carthon? I doubt it.

Gilbride seemed to know what to do with Ward and Jacobs...

Anyway, Carthon will always be the best blocking back I'll ever see. Blocked for jomo in his best years; blocked for Walker when he got 2,000 yards. Nobody did it better.

I agree.....Carthon would be the ultimate back in Gilbride's system...throw in the fact that he was a solid runner in his own right, and he gave the offense so many options.

The poor guy was kind of cursed: He was a decent runner, but his blocking was so good, he hardly ever got the ball. Between the very good running line, Bavaro and Carthon's blocking abilities, and JoMo, it's little wonder that Erhardt's offense had such a run-first emphasis.

The poor guy was kind of cursed: He was a decent runner, but his blocking was so good, he hardly ever got the ball. Between the very good running line, Bavaro and Carthon's blocking abilities, and JoMo, it's little wonder that Erhardt's offense had such a run-first emphasis.

Agreed.

And those Suburbanites were so sound in their technique. It's like watching magnets the way they just stuck to the defense.

From what I remember, Zeke Mowatt could crush it, too.

Man, I'd love to get back to those days when the defense knew what was coming, and it was just a matter of who does their job better.

Maurice was fucking awesome. Gilbride would cream in his green jeans if he had a guy like Maurice that he could plug in.

Awesome video showing Carthon blowing people out of the way for the great Joe Morris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0-UvfHs3VI

Are you sure Gilly would even know how to use Morris and Carthon? I doubt it.

This...the Giants used a power blocking scheme as opposed to the trap blocking that Gilbride prefers...I think he would have used him well ...however I don't think he would have had as many carries or TD's under Saint Gilbride....

And Erhardt was a big passing guy when he was with the Patsies...its what I appreciated most about him...he was not one of those rigid coordinators with a :rock: "SYSTEM" :rock: written in stone come hell or high water. He adapted his scheme to fit the personnel he had. Too many coordinators these days on both sides of the ball can only garner success with "their kind of players" that fit their :rock: "SYSTEM" :rock:

Agreed.

And those Suburbanites were so sound in their technique. It's like watching magnets the way they just stuck to the defense.

From what I remember, Zeke Mowatt could crush it, too.

Man, I'd love to get back to those days when the defense knew what was coming, and it was just a matter of who does their job better.

Just straightforward power blocking schemes...no traps...finesse...over emphasis on misdirection...just pure power man. The Giants treated every play like the Battle of Kursk...more Runstedt than Rommel... :D