SportsWrath

New York Mets (13-7) at San Francisco Giants (11-9) on 4/26/06 at 3:30

Plax 4 Prez

UGh- Good game Mets fans. But tell me, why does Randolph walk Barry with Alou on deck but not walk him up by 2 in the ninth with Niekro on deck. Doesn't make sense but it turned out ok for you guys. I love the speed on your team.

Willie is an inconsistant manager... he'll learn. Good series, I also love my speedy Mets.

UGh- Good game Mets fans. But tell me, why does Randolph walk Barry with Alou on deck but not walk him up by 2 in the ninth with Niekro on deck. Doesn't make sense but it turned out ok for you guys. I love the speed on your team.

That's Willie for ya. The players love him... just questionable calls at times.

Although I do think he has worked with what he has in the pen quite efficiently so far. So I can't call him out there.

Please god let Bannister get healthy.

No matter what Willie did regarding Barry in this series it bit him. Walk him? Alou beats you. Pitch to him and he gets 2 homers.

Whay would you have done?

As the great Keith Hernandez said: I won't second Guess Willie for not walking Barry.

The winning run would be at the plate if he did. On the road that's not the usual course of action.

No matter what Willie did regarding Barry in this series it bit him. Walk him? Alou beats you. Pitch to him and he gets 2 homers.

Whay would you have done?

As the great Keith Hernandez said: I won't second Guess Willie for not walking Barry.

The winning run would be at the plate if he did. On the road that's not the usual course of action.

I agree with everything except the "great" keith hernandez part. with barry though, you have to have a strategy and stick with it. i think it was more his record against Wagner.

It would have been completely assinine to place the tying run on base on the road. Wagner is paid 10 mil a year to get guys out in that spot no matter who it is. He has the numbers and the track record to prove it and in that spot you do not let him walk someone. 6th inning vs Feliciano and Bradford? Yeah sure. Not the 9th inning on the road. Wagner is your closer and he is an elite one, he gets the right to face ANY hitter in baseball in that spot. Willie made the right move and a great player made him pay.

With that being said, hats off to Bonds. Say what you will about the man, but he can hit. I wish that Barry never used roids. Maybe he would not be approaching Babe, but he could be at about 600-620 homers and people would be celebrating the greatness and toughness of a guy playing hurt chasing Mays home run record of 660. The roids thing takes away all the credibility of Bonds and its so sad, this man was and is a great player before 72 home runs.

It would have been completely assinine to place the tying run on base on the road. Wagner is paid 10 mil a year to get guys out in that spot no matter who it is. He has the numbers and the track record to prove it and in that spot you do not let him walk someone. 6th inning vs Feliciano and Bradford? Yeah sure. Not the 9th inning on the road. Wagner is your closer and he is an elite one, he gets the right to face ANY hitter in baseball in that spot. Willie made the right move and a great player made him pay.

think what you like. i still say as a manager with a 2 run lead and 2 outs, i'd much rather face niekro with 2 on then bonds with 1 on. regular rules of baseball don't apply, we're talking about a guy who's been intentionally walked with the bases loaded.

think what you like. i still say as a manager with a 2 run lead and 2 outs, i'd much rather face niekro with 2 on then bonds with 1 on. regular rules of baseball don't apply, we're talking about a guy who's been intentionally walked with the bases loaded.

we are also talking about a 42 year old, coming off a 140 games missed season, who has been limping walking to the field and until recently has done shit this year. He walks Bonds and Neikro hits a homer, Willie gets crucified. Until Bonds proves he is 2004 Bonds again I am not walking tying runs in the 9th inning on the road, there is not a sane manager in the world that would do so, especially with a left handed closer that throws 100 mph. Bonds just beat him, plain and simple.

I watched that play over on SNY encore and that wasn't that bad of a pitch. With the way the balls were dying to center today, Bonds did a hell of a job of hitting by getting it 405 feet. Props to him for that. He deserves it.

On a more positive note, it looked like Billy's velocity went up today.

we are also talking about a 42 year old, coming off a 140 games missed season, who has been limping walking to the field and until recently has done shit this year. He walks Bonds and Neikro hits a homer, Willie gets crucified. Until Bonds proves he is 2004 Bonds again I am not walking tying runs in the 9th inning on the road, there is not a sane manager in the world that would do so, especially with a left handed closer that throws 100 mph. Bonds just beat him, plain and simple.

niekro came closer to hitting the lottery than one of those pitched from wagner. you're right about willie getting crucified and thats the bottom line. managers make diecisions so they dont look bad in the press. thats why the guy from the white sox is such a breath of fresh air.

niekro came closer to hitting the lottery than one of those pitched from wagner. you're right about willie getting crucified and thats the bottom line. managers make diecisions so they dont look bad in the press. thats why the guy from the white sox is such a breath of fresh air.

Sorry man, but I totally disagree with you. Willie is a student of baseball. It would be absolutly insane to put the winning run at the plate in the bottom of the ninth intentionally. You have your 10 million dollar closer on the mound, and you go after the guy whos up to finish the game, no matter who it is.

Sorry man, but I totally disagree with you. Willie is a student of baseball. It would be absolutly insane to put the winning run at the plate in the bottom of the ninth intentionally. You have your 10 million dollar closer on the mound, and you go after the guy whos up to finish the game, no matter who it is.

you're probably right, felipe alou said the same thing. in retrospect, i would not have walked him because it would damage my closer's confidence and that's worth more than winning one particular game.

you're probably right, felipe alou said the same thing. in retrospect, i would not have walked him because it would damage my closer's confidence and that's worth more than winning one particular game.

the thing is, Wright should've finished that game.. he choked and threw an error... I'm very upset with him :brooding: if we are going to be a championship team he needs to grow up

the thing is, Wright should've finished that game.. he choked and threw an error... I'm very upset with him :brooding: if we are going to be a championship team he needs to grow up

Remember...you are older than he his.