Eli Manning is starting to remind me of Dan Fouts

JMFP

Not very mobile.

Great at picking up reads.

Excellent field vision.

Shitty defense

Spotty run game.

Carries his team.

Let me just say Eli Manning is not yet Dan Fouts in terms of excellence. I thought Fouts was one of the best ever.....I'm just saying Eli is reminding me of Dan Fouts right now.

Tell you what - Eli is showing more movement and buying himself more time than he has in the past. He seems to have developed that ability to feel pressure and move while keeping his eyes up field. He's also completing more passes on the run than he ever did before. This is just another part of Eli's game that has taken a quantum leap forward.

Tell you what - Eli is showing more movement and buying himself more time than he has in the past. He seems to have developed that ability to feel pressure and move while keeping his eyes up field. He's also completing more passes on the run than he ever did before. This is just another part of Eli's game that has taken a quantum leap forward.

unfortunately the dog wasn't able to see the entire game last night, but the few plays where little eli threw on the run was the most impressive aspect that the dog saw of him last night in the sense that it was something that in the past had been an area of weakness...

unfortunately the dog wasn't able to see the entire game last night, but the few plays where little eli threw on the run was the most impressive aspect that the dog saw of him last night in the sense that it was something that in the past had been an area of weakness...

He also showed more emotion then I've seen in the past...he's not a red ass...but he isn't aloof or ....catatonic as he has been about 90% of his career.

C. Wagon

Still gotta knock the guy, eh?

Still gotta knock the guy, eh?

Ok, the dog typically doesn't bother with your posts, but really, you all need to get a thicker skin when it comes to little eli. Not sure where you are reading a knock on him, but the dog suggests therapy to work through the bizarre feelings you are having...

Not very mobile.

Excellent field vision.

Shitty defense

Spotty run game.

Carries his team.

Let me just say Eli Manning is not yet Dan Fouts in terms of excellence. I thought Fouts was one of the best ever.....I'm just saying Eli is reminding me of Dan Fouts right now.

Sadly, for the worst reasons. To this day, when I see a QB consistently lead his team to over 30 points a game and lose, I call it "Dan Fouts Syndrome." Marino had it bad...

Not very mobile.

Excellent field vision.

Shitty defense

Spotty run game.

Carries his team.

There are also some striking differences Fouts...

Threw to two HOF receivers (Winslow and Joiner)

Threw the ball on 75% of their plays

Had a back with great hands coming out of the backfield (Chuck Muncie)

Lost his cold weather, on the road, Divisional Championship

Never got to a Super Bowl

Never won a Super Bowl.

Fouts had great numbers, with great tools.....Eli....has great results...and at this rate..if it continues...will have had a better career...with much less to work with. .

C. Wagon