SportsWrath

Gabe Watson

Blue Jeans

Since we signed Arrington, does anyone think it is possible that the Giants have had an up close meeting with Watson to talk about his playing/attitude and such, I really think Watson without his attitude would be a perfect fit for the Giants and Coughlin could help prevent any problems with attitude and him. Is it possible that they have spoken and not released it to us?

Edited by Blue_Jeans

Of course they have spoken. The Giants have met with a plethora of prospects dating back to the Senior Bowl; it's a significant part of the scouting process, almost like a job interview.

The good news re: Watson is that his former position coach, Bill Sheridan, is currently employed by the Giants. Rest assured that the Giants will have excellent insight into Watson's "attitude." If Sheridan thinks Watson is coachable, then he'll be a wise pick. If Sheridan does not think much of Gabe, well...

he had a real good junior year if im not mistaken...

i think that if Watson could some how prove he is dedicated to working hard etc he should be the 25th pick but how could he prove it

Being in shape would be a good start...

Being in shape would be a good start...

I will never forget Gabe Watson being man-handle by that center from Ohio State. (I can't think of his name) How the hell is a 350lbs DT get his ass kicked by a 300lbs center?

I will never forget Gabe Watson being man-handle by that center from Ohio State. (I can't think of his name) How the hell is a 350lbs DT get his ass kicked by a 300lbs center?

Eric Mangold? He's a damn good center though.