SportsWrath

The Rocket back in Pin Stripes?

Guest Ghost of Troubled Joe

Guest So.Cal Dub
Rocket redux?

Apr 21 - The smart money's on Roger Clemens returning to pitch another season. And since the Yankees likely will need pitching help to win in October, don't be surprised if they make a strong bid to sign the Rocket, The New York Post reports.

Clemens and his agents, Randy and Alan Hendricks, have shrewdly positioned themselves to set off a crazed June-July auction among the Yankees, Red Sox and the state of Texas. And the hometown-discount rate will not be in effect.

"Boston Dirt Dogs has learned that the Red Sox may now be the frontrunner in the Roger Clemens sweepstakes. Clemens reportedly said Wednesday he'd like to put No. 21 on his back and finish his career where he started. The Yankees are supposedly his second choice even though owner George Steinbrenner hasn't yet made Roger an offer; however, Roger expects him to at some point. The Astros may have moved up to Roger's third choice while the Texas Rangers, who made a great presentation, are not generating any real excitement in the Clemens camp."

I just read this over at BBI.

Guest So.Cal Dub
Why not bring him back? It give the team more veteran leadership and a very good pitcher. He will come at a steep price though.

We sure could use him, but he bitched out on us allready.

So, just to summarize, the Yankees are going to get Rocket, Zito and Tori Hunter and it's still April. You guys don't like your current team much, do you?

I don't. Steinbrenner doesn't know what he's doing. I wouldn't mind Hunter and i have a starnge feeling Clemens is gonig to Boston.

Signing Zito would be the worst move ever. He's garbage and is a 4th starter at most, i'd rather wait out Carl Pavano or Jared Wright.

I don't. Steinbrenner doesn't know what he's doing. I wouldn't mind Hunter and i have a starnge feeling Clemens is gonig to Boston.

Signing Zito would be the worst move ever. He's garbage and is a 4th starter at most, i'd rather wait out Carl Pavano or Jared Wright.

I hope you still have your life in order if you are going to wait for that. That's a long, long time.

ok first of all zito isnt garbage but hes way overrated and not even close to wat he used to be. also tori hunter i wouldnt mind landing. talent wise id want clemens on our team but after wat he did ive changed my mind. he should stick to spitting at umps at his kids baseball games :TU: .

I have heard from some buddies in Boston that they will push HARD for Clemens. The SChilling factor(they are buds from the former early 90's Sox days) and the idea to tutor another texan hard throwing righty in beckett intrigues clemens.

Do not discount the friendship od Schill and Clemens, people can read all they want about the Clemens/Jeter love affair, but Schilling and Clemens go way back and Schill credits Clemens as the guy that taught him how to work out and be a real pitcher. Factor in no loe lost with Randy Johnson and Schilling and CLemens closeness with Schill and this could be something that makes Yankee fans vommit.

Hate to break say it, but Clemens really is a SOX and will go into the HOF as one anyone, but still this will sting.

I have heard from some buddies in Boston that they will push HARD for Clemens. The SChilling factor(they are buds from the former early 90's Sox days) and the idea to tutor another texan hard throwing righty in beckett intrigues clemens.

Do not discount the friendship od Schill and Clemens, people can read all they want about the Clemens/Jeter love affair, but Schilling and Clemens go way back and Schill credits Clemens as the guy that taught him how to work out and be a real pitcher. Factor in no loe lost with Randy Johnson and Schilling and CLemens closeness with Schill and this could be something that makes Yankee fans vommit.

Hate to break say it, but Clemens really is a SOX and will go into the HOF as one anyone, but still this will sting.

Why don't the Mets try and get him? They need another starter, and he proved he can still pitch in the NL. He'd also sell tickets for ya.