SportsWrath

The off-season officially begins

hey

After a dismal season :TD: , i feel the knicks have a bright future ahead of them. :TU:

IMO Larry Brown will return(he will be more embarresed to leave this team in the situation it is); although, i feel Herb Williams is extremely capable and i wanted him to be the coach last year in the first palce.

Obviously, the main objective of this off season is to aquire a true pg. Here are some good options:

1. Jay Williams

The Former Duke star is planning a return to the NBA after a bad motorcycle accident two years ago. The Knicks seem interested in signing him and seeing how he does in the summer league.

2. Brevin Knight

He is a free agent this year and is one of the most underrated gaurds in the league. He is consistently in the top of league of assists and is extremely capable of leading this team.

3. Jamal Tinsely

The Pacers are foreshadowing many trades this upcoming off season and Tinsley is rumored on the way out. He is a proven florr general and would work extremely well with Brown. We could probly trade Steve Francis for him and our 1st rounder. He is very injury prone, though, but anything for francis is a plus.

Here is what i assume our roster to be next season:

C: Eddy Curry

PF: Frye

SF: Q-Rich

SG: Crawf

PG: Brevin Knight

6. David Lee

7. Jalen Rose

8. Nate Robinson

9. Drafted PG

10. Malik Rose

11. Jackie Butler

12. Qyntel Woods

IL: Jerome James, Mo Taylor, 2nd rounder

I'm sure Francis is gone, he is a turnover machine and can't even hit a wide-open layup.

I want Marbury gone too, he can't work with Brown.

I feel that team is capable of finishing 2nd in the division and maybe getting the 7th seed with 40 wins.

Thoughts? Discuss

Here is what i assume our roster to be next season:

C: Eddy Curry

PF: Frye

SF: Q-Rich

SG: Crawf

PG: Brevin Knight

6. David Lee

7. Jalen Rose

8. Nate Robinson

9. Drafted PG

10. Malik Rose

11. Jackie Butler

12. Qyntel Woods

IL: Jerome James, Mo Taylor, 2nd rounder

where are marbury and francis again? we can't just drop them. this isnt the nfl. we have to trade them for players who equal their salary. rumor according to what i've heard is mo taylor and our 2 first rounders for a vet, someone lb wants. i've also heard eddy curry to indiana for jermaine oneal (i have no idea how they'd pull that off). personally, i would love to see a marbury for ai trade, but it will never happen.

where are marbury and francis again? we can't just drop them. this isnt the nfl. we have to trade them for players who equal their salary. rumor according to what i've heard is mo taylor and our 2 first rounders for a vet, someone lb wants. i've also heard eddy curry to indiana for jermaine oneal (i have no idea how they'd pull that off). personally, i would love to see a marbury for ai trade, but it will never happen.

Marbury cut and Francis traded for a draft pick. The knicks are in a situation where they should try to get close to the cap by just getting rid of these players and waiting there contracts out.

And Eddy Curry isn't gonna get traded for jermaine oneal. I see O'neal gettin traded for KG

After a dismal season :TD: , i feel the knicks have a bright future ahead of them. :TU:

Ehhhhh.... :unsure:

I feel like the franchise is going down the toilet.

Did Allan Houston really need to retire? :confused::doh:

We're fucked with or without him...I guess.

Marbury cut and Francis traded for a draft pick. The knicks are in a situation where they should try to get close to the cap by just getting rid of these players and waiting there contracts out.

And Eddy Curry isn't gonna get traded for jermaine oneal. I see O'neal gettin traded for KG

you can't just cut someone. you buy them out or you trade them for equal value. even if you buy them out, there is no cap relief. look at shandon anderson as an example.

you can't just cut someone. you buy them out or you trade them for equal value. even if you buy them out, there is no cap relief. look at shandon anderson as an example.

Marbury is the exception. lol cut his ass

Ehhhhh.... :unsure:

I feel like the franchise is going down the toilet.

Did Allan Houston really need to retire? :confused::doh:

We're fucked with or without him...I guess.

How can it get any worse? We have 3 promisng rookies and 2 more late 1st rounders this year.

And Allan Houston has been said to be thinking about a comeback, but it's rediculous that we gotta pay him 15mil next year. He should've been the guy to get his contract terminated last year, not JYD :TD:

• 2 weeks later...
I've read that a few teams are interested in taking a gamble on Marbury at the right price, specificially Minnesota...

Marbury is still a great player in this league, but i think minnesota is the last palce he would go after demanding out and the fans wouldn't accept him.

He should go to a place like memphis, charolette, seattle, and a couple others. which i don't think he would like either of those teams because they're not big market cities other than seattle which is like semi-big market i guess. but they have a capable pg in luke ridnour