SportsWrath

Superbowl odds

BIGBLUE01

Odds for each team

Look at what they say about Eli....lmao. Yeah, we know......hes the guy with the SAME amount of rings as Peyton. :rolleyes:

Yet I'm pretty sure most of us here would take Peyton over Eli.

Peyton before it's all said and done is going to be regarded as one of the best QBs to ever suit up, Eli is going to be remember as one of the best QB to play for the Giants.

Although if you do look at last season one of the major downfalls was the fact that Eli put the ball in the other teams hands 25 times, which I dont care what team you have around him you wont make it into the playoffs.

Yet I'm pretty sure most of us here would take Peyton over Eli.

Peyton before it's all said and done is going to be regarded as one of the best QBs to ever suit up, Eli is going to be remember as one of the best QB to play for the Giants.

Although if you do look at last season one of the major downfalls was the fact that Eli put the ball in the other teams hands 25 times, which I dont care what team you have around him you wont make it into the playoffs.

Never disputed that Peytons better. But why would that reporter put it into a context where it seems like Eli cant do it, but Peyton can? They both have done it the same amount of times. And of those 25 picks, about 11-12 were Elis fault. And those INTS werent the reason we didnt make it to the playoffs. We were 10-6, and lost a crucial game we needed to win. We didnt lose the Packer game due ti INT's....we lost due to a TOTAL TEAM CRAPOUT.

Never disputed that Peytons better. But why would that reporter put it into a context where it seems like Eli cant do it, but Peyton can? They both have done it the same amount of times. And of those 25 picks, about 11-12 were Elis fault. And those INTS werent the reason we didnt make it to the playoffs. We were 10-6, and lost a crucial game we needed to win. We didnt lose the Packer game due ti INT's....we lost due to a TOTAL TEAM CRAPOUT.

Really the interceptions and "if" they were Eli's fault has been beaten to death by the board already, in the end interceptions dont help a team regardless of how they are caused and Eli still threw a league leading amount. Also they reason why we didnt make the playoffs has been beaten to death and by now I'm still surprised no one wants to hold Eli accountable for being a part of the reason why we didnt make the playoffs.

But in the end this isnt the topic of discussion, the topic is why does the writer rank Peyton ahead of Eli and it's fairly easy to see. End of the year success, Peyton has been to the playoffs every single year of his career besides his rookie season and has taken the Colts furthur into the playoffs multiple times. Where as Eli has only been past the first round of the playoffs once, which in large part was due to his play.

Now the real question of value, without Peyton the Colts would of never even come close to the amount of success they have seen in the last 13 years thanks to Peyton. What would the Giants have seen without Eli? Would we still have a third title? No we wouldn't that much is assured but at the same time lets say we had a Phillip Rivers or a Joe Flacco, would we still have seasons of one and done in the playoffs or not even making them? Yes we probably would.

It's not a matter of Peyton v Eli but really the simple fact and truth that Peyton is and always will be a much better leader and QB of his team. The fact that Peyton has carried his team to 12 straight playoff seasons without a great O-line or even great RBs backing him up. That's why this writer can make the fact that Eli up to this point has had one very good season and post season, with some good seasons and less then forgettable post seasons mixed in.

Seriously I know were all Giant fans but come on the fact that some would ignore simple basic logic baffles me.

Blue in Canada, you have some good opinions. I heard this joke- can you tell me if it's funny?

Two Canadians are sitting around in a bar bored out of their minds. One of them comes up with a bright idea, they'd try a guessing game.

So one of them thinks and thinks and nothing is coming to his mind except moosecock.

So his buddy asks him, "hey, did you think of a word yet?"

He smirks and says, "Yeah, I guess so."

"So is it edible?"

"Yeah," he laughs, "I guess you could eat it."

"Is it moosecock?"

Really the interceptions and "if" they were Eli's fault has been beaten to death by the board already, in the end interceptions dont help a team regardless of how they are caused and Eli still threw a league leading amount. Also they reason why we didnt make the playoffs has been beaten to death and by now I'm still surprised no one wants to hold Eli accountable for being a part of the reason why we didnt make the playoffs.

But in the end this isnt the topic of discussion, the topic is why does the writer rank Peyton ahead of Eli and it's fairly easy to see. End of the year success, Peyton has been to the playoffs every single year of his career besides his rookie season and has taken the Colts furthur into the playoffs multiple times. Where as Eli has only been past the first round of the playoffs once, which in large part was due to his play.

Now the real question of value, without Peyton the Colts would of never even come close to the amount of success they have seen in the last 13 years thanks to Peyton. What would the Giants have seen without Eli? Would we still have a third title? No we wouldn't that much is assured but at the same time lets say we had a Phillip Rivers or a Joe Flacco, would we still have seasons of one and done in the playoffs or not even making them? Yes we probably would.

It's not a matter of Peyton v Eli but really the simple fact and truth that Peyton is and always will be a much better leader and QB of his team. The fact that Peyton has carried his team to 12 straight playoff seasons without a great O-line or even great RBs backing him up. That's why this writer can make the fact that Eli up to this point has had one very good season and post season, with some good seasons and less then forgettable post seasons mixed in.

Seriously I know were all Giant fans but come on the fact that some would ignore simple basic logic baffles me.

I guess you didnt read my post at all. :rolleyes: You sure did analyze that to death...lol

I pretty much agree, Peytons better, but they have the same amount of rings. So, yeah, I agree, how someone can ignore simple, basic logic, baffles me too.

I guess you didnt read my post at all. :rolleyes: You sure did analyze that to death...lol

I pretty much agree, Peytons better, but they have the same amount of rings. So, yeah, I agree, how someone can ignore simple, basic logic, baffles me too.

And yet you still wonder why the writer says Peyton has the better chance at the Superbowl?

:rolleyes:

just so the dog is clear on what you are debating - you post the article and are agitated that the writer makes a statement simply that peyton manning would give the giants a better chance of winning the super bowl than eli...you agree with the writer that peyton manning is a better qb than eli...but you don't agree that a better qb will increase your odds of winning a super bowl? please explain.

Vegas Odds: 15-1

Miller Odds: 20-1

We were surprised to see the Vegas odds for the Giants at 15 to 1. Very surprised.

Do they remember that Eli, not Peyton, is quarterbacking in New York?

The Giants defense is superb and they were rocked by injuries in 2010, but this roster is overrated

Seems like the writer is saying that Eli is not capable of winning a Super Bowl, which history tells us is not correct.

That is all I take away from this.

p.s....This guy must have missed that 2nd Philly game....Giants defense "superb"?.....not exactly.

Considering Peyton is what 8-9 in the playoffs, BB01's correct answer should be Eli.

because eli has been out of round 1 once out of four trips to the post season? the dog hardly believes his playoff track record is better than peytons.

because eli has been out of round 1 once out of four trips to the post season? the dog hardly believes his playoff track record is better than peytons.

certainly not worse. peyton has choked big time the last couple of years.

certainly not worse. peyton has choked big time the last couple of years.

the dog agrees peyton manning has come up short in the post season on occassion , but his overall numbers are pretty solid, he has been to two super bowls, and if given the choice between heading into the playoffs with him at QB or Eli at QB, the dog, and most likely 99% of the population out there, would take peyton every day of the week and twice on Sunday...to say otherwise would require significant justification...and the dog isn't talking joemorrisforprez type justification, the dog is talking legitimate, concrete justification...

peyton mannings post season numbers for kicks, not that it shows anything dramatic:

Year W | L Att Com Pct Yards Yds/Att Long Td Int QB Rating

1998 Failed To Qualify For Post Season

1999 0-1 43 19 44.2 227 5.3 33 0 0 60.9

2000 0-1 32 17 53.1 194 6.1 30 1 0 82.0

2001 Failed To Qualify For Post Season

2002 0-1 31 14 45.2 137 4.4 17 0 2 31.2

2003 2-1 103 67 65.0 918 8.9 87T 9 4 106.4

2004 1-1 75 54 72.0 795 10.6 49 4 2 112.9

2005 0-1 38 22 57.9 290 7.6 50 1 0 90.9

2006 3-0 115 72 62.6 787 6.8 52 2 6 66.8

2007 0-1 48 33 68.8 402 8.3 55 3 2 97.7

2008 0-1 42 25 59.5 310 7.3 72T 1 0 90.4

2009 2-0 83 56 67.4 623 7.5 46 5 1 104.6

2010 0-1 26 18 69.2 225 8.7 57 1 0 108.7

8-9 638 397 62.2 4808 7.5 87T 27 17 88.3

not trying to argue but it really doesn't need that much justification. BIC asked which QB do you want in the playoffs. eli is the QB i'd go with. i think he's a big game guy.

sorry then...the dog sometimes can't turn down an eli manning debate to a fault...but really, big game QB is hard to argue given eli's post season track record (one season: 4-0, 3 other seasons, 0-3). at least next to his brother. we shall agree to disagree on this one...