SportsWrath

Retardi

:facepalm:

I see where your coming from, but I see this as a case of Soriano not in the mental mindset yet. As a closer sometimes you dont pitch as well in a non-save situation, even Mo has admitted that.

I wont blame Joe for that one but hopefully Soriano gets into a comfort zone. and Girardi picks the right spots for Soriano, maybe only when its 3 run lead or less. You know before that inning Soriano hadnt allowed 3 walks in an inning in over 360+ appearances. I think Girardi was just trying to see what Soriano can do in different situations, hes just experimenting with his new set-up man.

What upsets me most is that C.C. deserved that W a ton.

It will all pan out.

• 2 months later...

I have no idea what the Yankee overmanager is thinking lately.

Bret Gardner is the BEST LEFT FIELDER IN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE and is mashing both lefties and righties. Yet he consistanly sits him for Andruw Jones against left handed starters...oh, by the way, Andruw Jones sucks at baseball.

The Yankees overmanager has said that he is going to put Jeter back in the leadoff spot when he returns from the dl too. Are you fucking kidding me? Gardner has almost a 200 point higher OBP than Jeter, is faster, doesnt strike out as much and hits for a better everything. Quite frankly, Brett Gardner is just a MUCH better player than Derek Jeter.

Gardner is arguably the best player on the team right now.

Although he has done a good job overall, Im starting to hate Joe Retardi

I have no idea what the Yankee overmanager is thinking lately.

Bret Gardner is the BEST LEFT FIELDER IN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE and is mashing both lefties and righties. Yet he consistanly sits him for Andruw Jones against left handed starters...oh, by the way, Andruw Jones sucks at baseball.

The Yankees overmanager has said that he is going to put Jeter back in the leadoff spot when he returns from the dl too. Are you fucking kidding me? Gardner has almost a 200 point higher OBP than Jeter, is faster, doesnt strike out as much and hits for a better everything. Quite frankly, Brett Gardner is just a MUCH better player than Derek Jeter.

Gardner is arguably the best player on the team right now.

Although he has done a good job overall, Im starting to hate Joe Retardi

In most areas I have no problems with Girardi but this is definitely one that pisses me off. And then you get a report by some hack that Gardner is on the trade block for a straight up trade for Brett Myers? Fuck that. The past 52 games he's hitting .346 and makes great plays in the outfield. "Well we need to get Jones some at bats to get him going." NO YOU DON'T! Gardner IS going. You'll never see him lolly gag his way to first to try and beat out a double play.

In most areas I have no problems with Girardi but this is definitely one that pisses me off. And then you get a report by some hack that Gardner is on the trade block for a straight up trade for Brett Myers? Fuck that. The past 52 games he's hitting .346 and makes great plays in the outfield. "Well we need to get Jones some at bats to get him going." NO YOU DON'T! Gardner IS going. You'll never see him lolly gag his way to first to try and beat out a double play.

Wow, I havent heard that trade rumor/suggestion. that would be insaely stupid for the yankees. Seriously, not even being a homer, Bret Gardner is the best left fielder in the AL and arguably the best defensive player in the game respectively to other positions.

Oh, and obvioulsy I agree with everything you just said/wrote.

Wow, I havent heard that trade rumor/suggestion. that would be insaely stupid for the yankees. Seriously, not even being a homer, Bret Gardner is the best left fielder in the AL and arguably the best defensive player in the game respectively to other positions.

Oh, and obvioulsy I agree with everything you just said/wrote.

I think they said on the broadcast a few days ago he was the #2 left fielder by some defensive statistic. I don't know who #1 is but I see him make outstanding catches almost every game and throw people out at the plate or double them off of second like he did in the first game today.

Gardner is special for me though because I was there for his first ML hit and I've been a huge fan of his ever since. It is nice to see he is worth it.

I think they said on the broadcast a few days ago he was the #2 left fielder by some defensive statistic. I don't know who #1 is but I see him make outstanding catches almost every game and throw people out at the plate or double them off of second like he did in the first game today.

Gardner is special for me though because I was there for his first ML hit and I've been a huge fan of his ever since. It is nice to see he is worth it.

UZR is most likely the stat they were talking about...dude is like an insane +55 in that department..I will explain later

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2-1 game bottom 7th. A very good Colon is wearing down, over 100 pitches and just gave up two singles with one out.

Obviously this is the highest leverage situation of the game...and what does Retardi do? He brings in the worst relief pitcher on the team not names sergio mitre.

Unbelievable. Robertson should have been in there..or Wade if you wanted to only use the best relief pitcher(non closer) in baseball(David Robertson) for one inning since he dominated the rays the night before.

Terrible call Retardi

2-1 game bottom 7th. A very good Colon is wearing down, over 100 pitches and just gave up two singles with one out.

Obviously this is the highest leverage situation of the game...and what does Retardi do? He brings in the worst relief pitcher on the team not names sergio mitre.

Unbelievable. Robertson should have been in there..or Wade if you wanted to only use the best relief pitcher(non closer) in baseball(David Robertson) for one inning since he dominated the rays the night before.

Terrible call Retardi

Especially when you knew Madden was going to put up a right handed batter. Granted Logan got screwed by Granderson/Tropicana but bad call by the Binder.