SportsWrath

Giants add CB Brian Jackson to practice squad

BleedinBlue

I've read twitter reports and some obscure Giants notes that have said that the NFL is looking into the legality of the Giants signing Charles Scott. It appeared the NFL honchos were blocking the Giants signing of him because of some loophole that has to do with drafted players getting traded, then cut.

Anyway.....on Garafolo's twitter (and he's pretty much on top of everything), the Giants have signed CB Brian Jackson to the practice squad - at least his name isn't Johnson as we already have about 5 of them). Apparantly, the Jets had him on their regular 53-man roster, but cut him once Revis signed. I don't know much about the guy, but I will check it out. I do like the idea of grooming some CB's as I see that as the weak link in the Giants' armor.

Also, I don't know for sure if Scott was taken away or if the Giants waived him or some other player to make room for Jackson.

I've read twitter reports and some obscure Giants notes that have said that the NFL is looking into the legality of the Giants signing Charles Scott. It appeared the NFL honchos were blocking the Giants signing of him because of some loophole that has to do with drafted players getting traded, then cut.

Anyway.....on Garafolo's twitter (and he's pretty much on top of everything), the Giants have signed CB Brian Jackson to the practice squad - at least his name isn't Johnson as we already have about 5 of them)..........................................

You can never have too much johnson.

Awwww, Seth cut his dreds for nothin'.

Yeah....that's gotta suck. I don't know how long it takes to grow them, but I have to think it's a looonnnnggg time.

Hopefully these two new backs are an upgrade because we sure could use some CB help. Sha'reef was pretty decent. Don't really know about Williams.

Yeah....that's gotta suck. I don't know how long it takes to grow them, but I have to think it's a looonnnnggg time.

Hopefully these two new backs are an upgrade because we sure could use some CB help. Sha'reef was pretty decent. Don't really know about Williams.

Williams was horrible at CB but I think he was actually drafted/listed as a safety.

Williams was horrible at CB but I think he was actually drafted/listed as a safety.

You are probably right. And after picking up Rolle, Grant, and Phillips appears to be healthy again.....he was probably worked out in a position that wasn't to his strength.