SportsWrath

well, forget about romeo

Mr. P

As expected, the Kansas City Chiefs have officially hired Romeo Crennel to be their defensive coordinator, a source close to situation tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Crennel reunites with general manager Scott Pioli and offensive coordinator Charlie Weis. They were all in New England together during its Super Bowl run. Weis was hired by Kansas City last week following his ouster as Notre Dame's coach.

Crennel will not start work for a couple of weeks because of a prior commitment -- he'll be the head coach of the East Team in the East-West college football all-star game on Jan. 23 in Orlando, Fla.

Crennel, who replaces Clancy Pendergast in Kansas City, coached the Browns for four seasons before being fired after the 2008 season. He was 24-40 in Cleveland.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4821761

And the one guy who would jump at the job - Pepper Johnson - hasn't even been contacted to talk about the position.

Pepper is the one I want them to hire now.....anyone else will be just another guy in my opinion.

fewell is my top choice right now,

and im not sure you can really blame coughlin completely, alot of its up to reese to get people in for interviews. and if you look at the chiefs GM and OC its pretty obvious that romeo would end up there.