SportsWrath

I love this new D

JackStroud

I have been calling for a shake up for many weeks

specifically sitting Pierce, Osi......playing Blackburn and Tollefson, Kiwanuka

The changes made and the subs coming in are now just perfect.....were stronger, more athletic

some of you will harp on my calling for Blackburn but my problem was less play Blackburn and more sit Pierce

I had no idea Goff was ready........so be it

Now we can make another serious title run

I am ecstatic

You mean the D that still gave up 24 points (could and should have been more) and nearly 400 yards to Tony Romo?

The one that allowed Jason Witten like 15 catches and a 150 yards?

And, it's the same D that can only get sacks on well disguised blitzes?

The one that can't defend a pass that is in the air?

Naw, we still have major problems.

All they did was key on the run.

Better, but definitely not a good defense. And yes, Jack, Goff's massive 4 tackles and 150 yards given up through the air sure show he's ready.

You mean the D that still gave up 24 points (could and should have been more) and nearly 400 yards to Tony Romo?

Better, but definitely not a good defense. And yes, Jack, Goff's massive 4 tackles and 150 yards given up through the air sure show he's ready.

:confused:

:confused:

You've seen corey webster and bruce johnson trying to "defend" a pass in the air, right? It involves getting turned around(but being in good position) and having the receiver catch it anyway

I concur; the O and STs won the game. If the Giants could score 31 points in every game they would have only lost twice. The fact of the matter is that the D is still doing it's best to give away games. Actually if the O hadn't scored 30+ points in many of those wins we'd all be ready to slit our wrists and the playoffs would be gone. That's why I am not sure why everybody wants to throw Gilbride under the bus when the O has to constantly bail the D out for it's terrible play. I do like some of the changes but I think Blackburn should be back at starting MLB. Goff isn't going to be much better and at least Blackburn has been around long enough to know all the schemes. The only bright stop was stopping the run, which thank god worked or it would have been a blowout win for Dallas.

I still love em

they crushed the run and gave up the pass.........the last TD was fluff

basically we shut Dallas down and made them pass out of desperation

No, Dallas just gave up on the run a la the New York Giants....

And, had we not gotten extremely lucky to get a key punt return TD, that "fluff" TD would have tied the game.

No, Dallas just gave up on the run a la the New York Giants....

And, had we not gotten extremely lucky to get a key punt return TD, that "fluff" TD would have tied the game.

Dallas gave up on it because they were losing yards running. Give some credit for the things the defense did correctly. They're nowhere near what they should be, but there was some progress made this past game against the run. They still have problems on 3rd down, but that's been going on for 3+ years now.

Hixon is a good return man. He's good for returns for a TD once or twice a season. It was a very opportune time to get that return, but I don't know if I'd call it "lucky."

Dallas gave up on it because they were losing yards running. Give some credit for the things the defense did correctly. They're nowhere near what they should be, but there was some progress made this past game against the run. They still have problems on 3rd down, but that's been going on for 3+ years now.

Hixon is a good return man. He's good for returns for a TD once or twice a season. It was a very opportune time to get that return, but I don't know if I'd call it "lucky."

And teams like the Saints and Vikings and Packers are a lot better than us and won't give up kick return TDs (Packers might). Pray for the playoffs all you'd like, this team just isn't very good.

And I don't recall the D having big problems getting off the field on 3rd down in 07, but that's just me.

PS, that was Hixon's first punt return TD ever.

And teams like the Saints and Vikings and Packers are a lot better than us and won't give up kick return TDs (Packers might). Pray for the playoffs all you'd like, this team just isn't very good.

And I don't recall the D having big problems getting off the field on 3rd down in 07, but that's just me.

PS, that was Hixon's first punt return TD ever.

I said "He's good for returns for a TD once or twice a season." That would include kickoffs, yes? Or does it seem painful to admit he's a good return-man?

I don't know if the Packers are better than us. Maybe less streaky. They're fighting for a wildcard, just like the Giants, while we still have a shot at our division.

I don't know why you would think those three teams wouldn't give up a return because they were better than us--if anything, a kick return is probably the most dicey play in football, and being good doesn't mean that you can't blow a coverage, have someone slip, etc.

IF our defense can improve, AND we win the next two games, we have as good a shot as any team to get into the playoffs. We get in, and we're a good team, in the same conversation of teams like the Pack, Atlanta, Philly, etc.

Minnesota and NO are outstanding teams this year, not merely good.

I said "He's good for returns for a TD once or twice a season." That would include kickoffs, yes? Or does it seem painful to admit he's a good return-man?

I don't know if the Packers are better than us. Maybe less streaky. They're fighting for a wildcard, just like the Giants, while we still have a shot at our division.

I don't know why you would think those three teams wouldn't give up a return because they were better than us--if anything, a kick return is probably the most dicey play in football, and being good doesn't mean that you can't blow a coverage, have someone slip, etc.

IF our defense can improve, AND we win the next two games, we have as good a shot as any team to get into the playoffs. We get in, and we're a good team, in the same conversation of teams like the Pack, Atlanta, Philly, etc.

Minnesota and NO are outstanding teams this year, not merely good.

TWO, he's had TWO career returns...and he's been an NFL player for 5 years....that's .4 a season....or .5 if you don't wanna count his rookie season. I'd say that's a pretty low probability of getting a TD at that specific time, hence, lucky...

Packers have one more win then us so until we have that Wildcard spot, they're a better team...and I like watching the Packers, so I've seen a lot of their games, they have the number 1 statistically ranked defense...and a running back that averages 97 yards a game. Not to mention a QB that puts up astronomical numbers.

TWO, he's had TWO career returns...and he's been an NFL player for 5 years....that's .4 a season....or .5 if you don't wanna count his rookie season. I'd say that's a pretty low probability of getting a TD at that specific time, hence, lucky...

Packers have one more win then us so until we have that Wildcard spot, they're a better team...and I like watching the Packers, so I've seen a lot of their games, they have the number 1 statistically ranked defense...and a running back that averages 97 yards a game. Not to mention a QB that puts up astronomical numbers.

He was drafted in 2006. Is his career going in dog years?

try the real deal, fishy.

Hixon Stats - NFL.com

So since he appeared in zero games it doesn't mean you just take that year and it's gone.

Besides, I told you that you could take out his rookie year.

2006 was his first year, i.e. he was drafted in 2006. You can discount that first year if he has 0 return attempts--what are you rating there?

We've had him for three years: he's run back a kick twice for a TD in those 3 years. I'm off by a year. shoot me. Plus, this year isn't over yet, so you never know.

On your stat page: 44 punt receptions, 27 fair catches. Of the remaining 17 punts, he's returned 10 of them for 20 yards or more. That's pretty impressive, and doesn't do anything to disprove what I wrote.

Nor does 57 kickoff returns resulting in 45 going for 20+ yards. Nor does the fact that he hasn't had a year with us where his longest return did not exceed 50 yards in either category (2007 he didn't return punts, McQuarters did).

He's a good returner that has proven to be dangerous--it's not just luck. Considering the number of times he's been tackled by the kicker, he's been kind of unlucky, if anything.