SportsWrath

Madison Hedgecock....on the "hands team".....really?

JMFP

Madison Hedgecock on the "hands team" for the onside kick......really????

Thank God that Dallas player reached out and touched that ball, because if not, it would have bounced off Hedgecock's ass and then God knows where.

The the ball goes up...he and a couple of other pieces of meat have the job of nailing the kicking teams gunners. He is there to protect the hands part of the hands team.

C. Wagon

The ball went up, and I thought "hey, didn't go 10 yards....that's automatically our ball.....unless we touched it first".... and then the world's longest commercial break ensued as they went under the hood to check it out.

I'm of the opinion that the rule should be changed so that the ball has to go 10 yards before ANYONE can touch it...that way teams can't just look to doink it off one of the receiving players, which is precisely what I think Dallas was trying to do.

If you think about it, your chances are probably much better trying to bounce one off a bigger player who's only task is to try to get a body on someone than it is letting it go 10 yards right to a receiver....

I'm of the opinion that the rule should be changed so that the ball has to go 10 yards before ANYONE can touch it...that way teams can't just look to doink it off one of the receiving players, which is precisely what I think Dallas was trying to do.

If you think about it, your chances are probably much better trying to bounce one off a bigger player who's only task is to try to get a body on someone than it is letting it go 10 yards right to a receiver....

It's a nerve-wracking play.

I think next time around, Hedgecock should point his face to the ball, rather than his ass.