SportsWrath

Giants Season Opener

Treehugger

You shouldn't expect so much so soon from a rookie & an undrafted FA in his second season, with experience at least one of them will become a competant CB. I personally think that Webster will be a fine NFL CB, he just needs another training camp under his belt.

That's great but is he a saftey, nope... he's a CB, his first job is to cover. Cover skills were something that he never displayed prominantly enough to keep his job here, not to mention the hands of stone that we all know too well.

Probably not any better but hardly worse, the CB opposite Peterson was a question mark going into last season as well after Allen's poor play & the draft acqusition of Corey Webster.

I really can't see going back into this season with the Wills as our starters, we have already seen what we have in Allen & Peterson. One can't cover & the other hasn't played a put together 16 healthy starts in two seasons, that's a bigger liability in my eyes over a veteran (albeit aged but healthy) & a second year CB who seems to have plenty of promise.

Besides, who knows.... given how little interest Allen has recieved in the FA market he could return if he lowers his asking price & agrees to compete for his job (I personally doubt this will happen but, who knows anything is possible.)

Well put, on all of em. :TU:

• 2 years later...