SportsWrath

Giants Season Opener

Treehugger

Guest Floyd The Barber

this is also assuming that Madison makes the team, and someone like Will Peterson doenst make the old man sit down...

this is also assuming that Madison makes the team, and someone like Will Peterson doenst make the old man sit down...

Giants | W. Peterson not expected to resume career

Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:13:54 -0800

Paul Schwartz, of the New York Post, reports New York Giants CB Will Peterson (back) is not expected to be able to resume his career. He has been injured with stress fractures in his back the past two years and is currently not working out with the team.

someday you're going to start or make a post that is correct in some way....and not some lame attemp at making fun of 80

....or joseph.

..................or Manning

or Plax.........

or EA

or TC

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Guest Floyd The Barber

what does it matter that he is not practicing with the team...neither is Shockey, Burress or Joseph...

for that matter can we all assume that each of these players all suffer career ending injuries as well ??

tell Paul Schwartz to stick it...

what does it matter that he is not practicing with the team...neither is Shockey, Burress or Joseph...

for that matter can we all assume that each of these players all suffer career ending injuries as well ??

tell Paul Schwartz to stick it...

why not tell him yourself?

paul.schwartz@nypost.com

maybe you could start writting for the post!!!

that would be awsome...

someday you're going to start or make a post that is correct in some way....and not some lame attemp at making fun of 80

....or joseph.

..................or Manning

or Plax.........

or EA

or TC

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

:LMAO:

Guest Floyd The Barber
why not tell him yourself?

paul.schwartz@nypost.com

maybe you could start writting for the post!!!

that would be awsome...

maybe i am Paul Schwartz...ever think of that

The Colts don't have their WR's line up in different places. Harrison always lines up in front of the LCB, Wayne lines up in front of the RCB and Stokley stays inside. Madison will face Harrison the entire game unless he is the CB that covers the slot WR even though I believe it will be McQuarters.

Guest Floyd The Barber

to think, we are in a worse situation at CB going into 2006, then we were in 2005 is incredible...everyone wet there panties when the FO pulled out the NYG checkbook and began sigining a bunch of shit players...

the only guy worth a look is McQuarters...and im referring to him becoming a nickel CB in our defense...nothing more

pathetic

to think, we are in a worse situation at CB going into 2006, then we were in 2005 is incredible...everyone wet there panties when the FO pulled out the NYG checkbook and began sigining a bunch of shit players...

the only guy worth a look is McQuarters...and im referring to him becoming a nickel CB in our defense...nothing more

pathetic

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Guest Lockhart

pathetic

Sam Madison has gone up against Marvin a lot, and he has been burned by him a lot. By the way, does Shockey and Plaxico plan to return to NJ in time for the opening game?

Guest Carbo

pathetic

I fear your assessment is correct. And when you consider how awful the secondary was last year. . .shudder. . .

Guest Carbo
. . .By the way, does Shockey and Plaxico plan to return to NJ in time for the opening game?
My sources tell me it depends on the weather. If there is an early chill in the air those two are already lining up Miami Beach doctors for the necessary "proof" of their overtraining related injuries. Word on the street has Burress going down for two months with PlayStation Thumb.

I fear your assessment is correct. And when you consider how awful the secondary was last year. . .shudder. . .

WRONG.

Anything would be an upgrade over last year. W. Allen was decent, but inconsistent. Will Pete is great, but injury prone. Madison will be an upgrade over either, and if Pete plays and is opposite Madison, thats betyter than last season. Plus, w/ Demps and Gibril at Safety, it makes our overall sec. better.

Guest Floyd The Barber

i think the tandem of Will Allen and Will Peterson is a tad more fortifying than Corey Webster and his father Sam Madison

i think the tandem of Will Allen and Will Peterson is a tad more fortifying than Corey Webster and his father Sam Madison

To you maybe. But Will Pete/ Sam Madison is better than the Will's. And I'd take Madison/ Deloatch or Webster any day. Thats about equiv. to the Will's. Considering Allen is decent at best, and Pete is injury prone.

Guest Floyd The Barber

the only thing's both DeLoatch and Webster proved last season, is there ability to be out of place and not aggressive enough to tackle...

at the very least Will Allen was a sure tackler and very solid in the box...

we are in no better shape at CB as i stated than last year...the only thing we have now, its a CB with experience, but on the decline of his career and a big question mark on the other side...

tell me how that is better than having Will Peterson and Will Allen penciled in as starters ??

the only thing's both DeLoatch and Webster proved last season, is there ability to be out of place and not aggressive enough to tackle...

we are in no better shape at CB as i stated than last year...the only thing we have now, its a CB with experience, but on the decline of his career and a big question mark on the other side...

tell me how that is better than having Will Peterson and Will Allen penciled in as starters ??

OK, I will.

Madison, decline or not, is BETTER than Will. Will, when having the opportunity, was a decent tackler. But he got burned so much that opprtunity didnt come often. I'd rather have someone that doesnt get burned.

As far as having Will Pete on the other side, well, I love Will Pete. When he plays, he does fine. But he's injured all the time. Deloatch and Webster would have to be better, because they can actually play. Webster's young, but will get better. Deloatch did decent, I like what I saw.

Guest Lockhart

I don't see any improvement whatsoever with Madison and Webster instead of the two Wills. There could be some improvement with McQuarters as the nickel and Demps at Safety, but the Giants defensive backfield still isn't great. Once again it will be up to Osi and Strahan to be the real pass defense for the Giants.

You shouldn't expect so much so soon from a rookie & an undrafted FA in his second season, with experience at least one of them will become a competant CB. I personally think that Webster will be a fine NFL CB, he just needs another training camp under his belt.

That's great but is he a saftey, nope... he's a CB, his first job is to cover. Cover skills were something that he never displayed prominantly enough to keep his job here, not to mention the hands of stone that we all know too well.

Probably not any better but hardly worse, the CB opposite Peterson was a question mark going into last season as well after Allen's poor play & the draft acqusition of Corey Webster.

I really can't see going back into this season with the Wills as our starters, we have already seen what we have in Allen & Peterson. One can't cover & the other hasn't played a put together 16 healthy starts in two seasons, that's a bigger liability in my eyes over a veteran (albeit aged but healthy) & a second year CB who seems to have plenty of promise.

Besides, who knows.... given how little interest Allen has recieved in the FA market he could return if he lowers his asking price & agrees to compete for his job (I personally doubt this will happen but, who knows anything is possible.)