SportsWrath

Domenik Hixon interview

Mr. P

I don't know who expected him to be a Plaxico or whatever..I was shocked when he made those plays for us.

etheir way, right now Hixon is the best full receiver on our team.

Him and Smith will start, eventually smith will be put back at Slot.

and Nicks will go as the number 2.

No, dude. Steve Smith is the best full WR on this team right now. And it will be Nicks and Smith, I put theoretical money on it.

What plays do you speak of that he made? I remember him NOT making a lot of plays.

Plaxico Burress and Amani Toomer were the starters. And he(along with others) gave us a shot at coming back in the Super Bowl. Name one time Domenik Hixon made a game changing play.

i wasnt saying hixon made a game changing play.

but it was you who said

Steve Smith got it done. And he got it done the year before that during the season AND during the playoffs.

i was just showing how he actually didnt do much the year before during the season

I honestly hope he's our 4th WR this year.

Nicks, Smith, Barden, Hixon, Manningham...

Barden is NOT going to step in from Cal Poly and be our #3, and Nicks is NOT going to step in from college and be our #1. A more realistic chart would be Hixon (because Smith is a #2 receiver not a #1), Smith, Nicks, Manningham, Barden

i wasnt saying hixon made a game changing play.

but it was you who said

i was just showing how he actually didnt do much the year before during the season

Okay...continue. Or is that your best argument? I made a mistake.

Barden is NOT going to step in from Cal Poly and be our #3, and Nicks is NOT going to step in from college and be our #1. A more realistic chart would be Hixon (because Smith is a #2 receiver not a #1), Smith, Nicks, Manningham, Barden

How do you know? Last time I checked, training camp is to determine that.

And drafted WRs start in this league all the time right out of college.

No, dude. Steve Smith is the best full WR on this team right now. And it will be Nicks and Smith, I put theoretical money on it.

What plays do you speak of that he made? I remember him NOT making a lot of plays.

In the Carolina game.

the Seattle game

the Arizona game.

the Minnesota game.

and he did make one play in the Philly game..then ruined it by dropping a fatal catch.

In the Carolina game.

the Seattle game

the Arizona game.

the Minnesota game.

and he did make one play in the Philly game..then ruined it by dropping a fatal catch.

How much did we beat Seattle by?

I'll give you the Arizona game.

How important was the Minnesota game?

His production does not match number 1 WR production. It's pretty simple, really. You don't give a guy the starting position because he made 4 plays all season.

i wasnt trying to argue i was just pointing out what i put in the post.

So why would you keep a potentially(I'll even go further and say most likely) more talented player in Nicks on the bench in favor of someone who can't make plays?

I'm just saying, Hixon should not be the starting WR on this team, and come training camp, when the more talented players are fighting for a spot, Hixon will lose. He simply doesn't have the skill set. He says he's been working on the speed aspect of his game, he ought work on every other aspect because the rest of them suck. Speed is his only aspect, a lot like Sinorice Moss.

You can't say because Hixon started last year, he's should be the starter this year. You have to evaluate and consider who's going to put up the better numbers and make the most plays.

How do you know? Last time I checked, training camp is to determine that.

Dude that argument could be used against your lame depth chart projection. I know that because historically rookie WRs SUCK and throwing them into the fire is NOT how you develop them. I could MAYBE see Nicks higher than #3 but Barden is NOT going to be #3.

And this entire discussion is pointless. Gil does not believe in depth charts. He plugs people in as needed. There is no such thing as a #1, #2, #3 receiver.

How much did we beat Seattle by?

I'll give you the Arizona game.

How important was the Minnesota game?

His production does not match number 1 WR production. It's pretty simple, really. You don't give a guy the starting position because he made 4 plays all season.

Does it really matter how much we won by..or that if a game really mattered? a games a game..we may not of cared about that game, but minny did..and they went all out on us, and Hixon still beat a PRO BOWL DB

Let's be realistic..

Our main receivers will be Hixon/Smith this season....Nicks will have his time to start, but Hixon and Smith worked there asses off to get where they are now, and won't get pushed out of there spots unless they play real badly, which I don't see happening.

Nicks will be our best WR in a couple of years.

right now Hixon and Smith and Manningham are.

end of.

Dude that argument could be used against your lame depth chart projection. I know that because historically rookie WRs SUCK and throwing them into the fire is NOT how you develop them. I could MAYBE see Nicks higher than #3 but Barden is NOT going to be #3.

And this entire discussion is pointless. Gil does not believe in depth charts. He plugs people in as needed. There is no such thing as a #1, #2, #3 receiver.

Saying he's not going to start because he's a rookie is lamer. There would be no rookie of the year if everyone listened to that logic.

Calvin Johnson

Andre Johnson

Marvin Harrison

Randy Moss

I could think of more but I'm tired of this.

The fact is, we've drafted numerous WRs high round and have done it your way and sat them for 3 years, and not a single one has done anything of value and, in fact, one of them, Moss, probably won't even be on this team this coming year.

I'd like to see one pan out and the NYG either typically pick horrible WRs or they do not develop them right and keep them on the bench until some other team picks them up and decides to plug them in.

Let's be realistic..

Our main receivers will be Hixon/Smith this season....Nicks will have his time to start, but Hixon and Smith worked there asses off to get where they are now, and won't get pushed out of there spots unless they play real badly, which I don't see happening.

Nicks will be our best WR in a couple of years.

right now Hixon and Smith and Manningham are.

end of.

Hixon did not produce given a shot and already performed poorly. End of story.

And that's ridiculous to even put Manningham on that list. He has not even seen the field enough for you to even suggest that.

And, most likely, if we listen to you, Nicks will be a star for another team in "a couple years"

i dont remember saying id keep nicks on the bench

i just remember saying i dont think hixon falls all the way from 1 to 4

That was my hope...

It's more realistic to say he will drop from 1st to 3rd.

Hixon did not produce given a shot and already performed poorly. End of story.

And that's ridiculous to even put Manningham on that list. He has not even seen the field enough for you to even suggest that.

And, most likely, if we listen to you, Nicks will be a star for another team in "a couple years"

If we listen to you, we will do what the Broncos did and release an WR with alot of talent in Hixon.

then see Hixon go to another team and have a 1,000 yard season while we are stuck with just one 1,000 yard receiver when we could of had 2.

If we listen to you, we will do what the Broncos did and release an WR with alot of talent in Hixon.

then see Hixon go to another team and have a 1,000 yard season while we are stuck with just one 1,000 yard receiver when we could of had 2.

Ummm...the Giants havent had a 1000 yard WR since....well...since Eli has been starting.

We just arnt a passing team.

:confused:

I didn't say release Domenik Hixon. He's a good number 3. He's not starting material.

50 YPG x's 16 does not equal 1000.

Ummm...the Giants havent had a 1000 yard WR since....well...since Eli has been starting.

Last 1,000 yard receiver was Plax in 07.

if we have the tools to have two 1,000 yard receivers in no doubt Killdrive will do it.

I hate to do this to you, but aren't you forgetting Plaxico? Who's done it twice?

Last 1,000 yard receiver was Plax in 07.

if we have the tools to have two 1,000 yard receivers in no doubt Killdrive will do it.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Broncos release Hixon because he was negatively effected(understandable) by the whole Kevin Everett thing? I thought it was because they weren't sure he'd ever be the same...? Not because he wasn't talented...