SportsWrath

Girardi sucks!!!

Ditto

First, he catches Posada too many days in a row. Then when he goes down, he (Girardi) does the same thing with Molina. What happened to his platoon system he announced in the beginning of ‘08 to keep everybody sharp but fresh? Who’s next to go down. Damon? Jeter?

He’s also doing the same crap with the pitching staff that Torre did, letting some pitchers rust while over using others. At least Torre handled the rest of the operation well.

All I know is, this Cirvelli better be the second coming of Thurman Munson, or we're fucked.

its not girardi's fault...its amazing that a team can have a 210 million dollar payroll not have one relief pitcher that can get people out.

Cashman, all the other upper management, scouts ect. are to blame for the spetacle that has become the yankees...this team is a joke....they need to fire eveyone, trade whoever they can and start over. I dont care if they arent competitve for the next 3 or 4 years. Unless this happens, we will see this year in and year out...tremendous payroll and a mediocre team.

I actually thought that thos year they would be ok and stay healthy..I couldnt have been more wrong...and I know better, but the fan in me just told me it would be different.

The Yankees need a complete makeover. Instead on throwing a gazillion dollars at big name FA, they shoudl throw some of that money at some of the elite scouts around the league and throw Larry Beinfest a contract for 30 million to pry him away from the Marlins.

Jeter out with an oblique muscle pull. Good going, Girardi! Pretty soon you can try and win the Manager of the Year award by playing with all rookies.

how is it girardi's fault that almost half the starting players on his team have gotten injured?

how is it girardi's fault that almost half the starting players on his team have gotten injured?

I was thinking the same thing. Cashman should be the object of scorn here. He is the one who let the team age to a point where everyone is breaking down and there are no replacements in the farms to fill in.

I thought I explained that in the first post. So far, I blame Girardi for 3 breakdowns, Posada, Molina, and now Jeter. How Damon's holding up, I'll never know. But they better start DHing him, or ever resting him outright. He's been more than a little suspect in the OF anyway.

It's not only the physical breakdowns. Most often, when a player starts to tire, the mind goes first. You start making mental errors, or have a subconscious lack of hustle.

I'm not giving up on the season, not by a long shot. We still have the starting pitching and enough hitting to pull it out, especially if this Cervelli pans out.