SportsWrath

Our rookies and NFL player comparisons

Mr. P

pretty straightforward. who do you think our rookies compare to in the nfl. build wise and play wise(i plan on creating them for madden and kinda want a direction to head in.)

ive seen alot of nicks-boldin comparisons.

barden i think compares with plax

what about the rest?

sintim

beatty

beckum

brown

bomar

wright

woodson

id imagine not alot of people know too much about the last two.

but id appreciate the input.

bonus question: where do you think brown ends up on our rb depth chart?

pretty straightforward. who do you think our rookies compare to in the nfl. build wise and play wise(i plan on creating them for madden and kinda want a direction to head in.)

ive seen alot of nicks-boldin comparisons.

barden i think compares with plax

what about the rest?

sintim

beatty

beckum

brown

bomar

wright

woodson

id imagine not alot of people know too much about the last two.

but id appreciate the input.

bonus question: where do you think brown ends up on our rb depth chart?

I am one who thinks comparisons are bad. The talking heads love to do it with basketball players and all my life, I've never seen the newcomer be anything like the player they were supposed to be "exactl like". Players are all unique and have their own little niche moves and think like an individual. Even when they try to copy another player, it's not the same.

But anyway....I'll field your bonus question. Brown will be our 3rd back behind Jacobs and Bradshaw. If he's phenomenal by the end of the year, it's possible he'd move up to 2nd. And of course, if there's an injury (which is almost guaranteed with RB's), he'll move up one spot.

I am one who thinks comparisons are bad. The talking heads love to do it with basketball players and all my life, I've never seen the newcomer be anything like the player they were supposed to be "exactl like". Players are all unique and have their own little niche moves and think like an individual. Even when they try to copy another player, it's not the same.

But anyway....I'll field your bonus question. Brown will be our 3rd back behind Jacobs and Bradshaw. If he's phenomenal by the end of the year, it's possible he'd move up to 2nd. And of course, if there's an injury (which is almost guaranteed with RB's), he'll move up one spot.

thanks bleedin, i was primarily just looking for comparisons build and size wise to help with creating the players on madden.

I know everyone says Barden reminds them of Plax, but I think it's only because they're both 6'6". When I look at a picture of Barden though, he's friggin buffed compared to Plax. And I don't think Plax's hands were as big as Barden's which look like baseball mitts. His hands measure 11 inches. Surprisingly, the second largest hand size measured at the combine was Nicks at 9 1/2 inches. Both have huge hands. Hopefully, the better to catch a football!

barden.jpg

Burress is only 6'5''.. but I'm just being technical. :P An inch is a big difference.. I don't care what any female says!

Barden also ran faster 40 times at his combine than Plax did. Which is kind of weird because a lot of scouts say "Barden is not as fast as Plax", yet Barden ran the 40 in 4.5 times and Plax ran the 40 in 4.6 times. So I don't know why some scouts insist Barden is slower than Plax. Not taking anything away from Plax, but if Barden pans out as we hope, memories of Plax will fade fast.

18 Nicks, Hakeem WR 6-1 212 21 R North Carolina

97 Sintim, Clint LB 6-3 256 23 R Virginia

65 Beatty, William T 6-6 307 24 R Connecticut

13 Barden, Ramses WR 6-6 229 23 R Cal Poly

22 Brown, Andre RB 6-0 224 22 R North Carolina State

47 Beckum, Travis TE 6-3 243 22 R Wisconsin

5 Bomar, Rhett QB 6-2 225 23 R Sam Houston State

29 Woodson, Stoney CB 5-11 197 23 R South Carolina

26 Wright, DeAndre CB 5-11 198 23 R New Mexico