SportsWrath

To anyone who still doubts Web is a shutdown corner...

BurnThePhilFans

Tony Pisano's top 50 corners of 2008...

2. Corey Webster, New York Giants

Season Totals: 66 attempts, 3.92 YPA, 65.15 Forced INC%, 1 TD, 3 INTs

My two cents: Did Corey Webster seriously not make the Pro Bowl? I have come to terms with the Pro Bowl being absolutely meaningless, but that is just ridiculous. There wasn’t an NFC CB to even come close to the level on which Webster played. He led all CBs with a 3.92 YPA, and a 65.15 forced incompletion percentage. The only TD he allowed was to Terrell Owens in a week nine victory

The stats don't lie

I have never been proven more wrong about a player from any sport than I have with Corey Webster. I can't say how happy I am to be a complete fool. It's almost unbelievable to see the progression from just last year, when he was inactive for some games. If I ever see him in person, I owe him an apology followed by a thank you. Yeah, and the pro bowl is a joke. It's nice to see Giants get selected because they get a vacation. That's all I can say about it.

I have never been proven more wrong about a player from any sport than I have with Corey Webster. I can't say how happy I am to be a complete fool. It's almost unbelievable to see the progression from just last year, when he was inactive for some games. If I ever see him in person, I owe him an apology followed by a thank you. Yeah, and the pro bowl is a joke. It's nice to see Giants get selected because they get a vacation. That's all I can say about it.

That makes two of us.

When the Giants signed Terrell Buckley off the street to start vs. the Panthers in the playoffs a few years back instead of playing Web, I thought he had "bust" written all over him. Boy, was I wrong.