SportsWrath

22 years ago today....

RandolphScott

Yea for real... Yankees, Giants, Knicks... live with the bad live with the good... Dallas cowboys, Lakers/Celtics/Bulls, Angels/Red Sox/Atlanta Braves... typical scenarios

The only difference with me is, I came out here at a very impressionable age and young as hell. So I became a Suns fan rather than a Knicks fan. But my teams are either from here (AZ), or my hometown(NY).

The only difference with me is, I came out here at a very impressionable age and young as hell. So I became a Suns fan rather than a Knicks fan. But my teams are either from here (AZ), or my hometown(NY).

Thats still understandable. I doubt the egg head has any ties to Dallas or Texas whatsoever.

agreed 100%...bigblue has always maintained that if you don't route for the team in your hometown, that makes you a bandwagon fan...the dog would guess that is why badegg is questioning Bigblue's timing for becoming a staunch giant fan following a super bowl win. the timing is a tad precarious...

you guys keep a journal on big blue's quotes and bon mots so you can use it against him? wow, you're regular eggward and dogsteins

agreed 100%...bigblue has always maintained that if you don't route for the team in your hometown, that makes you a bandwagon fan...the dog would guess that is why badegg is questioning Bigblue's timing for becoming a staunch giant fan following a super bowl win. the timing is a tad precarious...

Oh,and, BTW......it's spelled ROOT. ;)

you guys keep a journal on big blue's quotes and bon mots so you can use it against him? wow, you're regular eggward and dogsteins

no need for a journal...the dog has fallen under his wrath enough times with the same general issues (in this case, why someone should be a fan of a team, souly based on geographic location)...you also note he fancies himself a big time speller, yet is inconsistent himself...the dog finds that a tad hypocritical, but not entirely unexpected...

the dog never saw why one's hometown had to dictate who they are a fan of...there are so many things that can influence that, to say you have to have a connection to a location or live in the same area as the team you are a fan of shows just how limited one can be...

no need for a journal...the dog has fallen under his wrath enough times with the same general issues (in this case, why someone should be a fan of a team, souly based on geographic location)...you also note he fancies himself a big time speller, yet is inconsistent himself...the dog finds that a tad hypocritical, but not entirely unexpected...

the dog never saw why one's hometown had to dictate who they are a fan of...there are so many things that can influence that, to say you have to have a connection to a location or live in the same area as the team you are a fan of shows just how limited one can be...

Hay, I kan spel

Just out of curiosity - why are you afraid to announce who your team of choice is? And instead of trying to twist your response into something gay and throwing quotes around the "afriad" to be sarcastic - how bout you just answer the question. Why are you so reluctant to state who you root for?

Just out of curiosity - why are you afraid to announce who your team of choice is? And instead of trying to twist your response into something gay and throwing quotes around the "afriad" to be sarcastic - how bout you just answer the question. Why are you so reluctant to state who you root for?

Good job. :clap:

The only big time team I ever cheered for was for the Kareem Worthy Magic Lakers. I loved that basketball team. But other than that I always been a NY fan of whatever team/psort being played.

Showtime, probably the best nickname for a team ever.

That was NBA hell for me, when two teams I despise are playing. Not so much the Celtics, but the city of Boston aint a fav of mine. :brooding:

I can understand that. It was during the era where the Knicks were a second tier team. Detroit busting Celtic ass was another joy of mine...and then that became a circus with the Open Ultra Queer Rodman and the closet case Isaiah Thomas started to tear that team apart.

I am 35 years old so here is what I know about out of town team fans in the tri state .....

There are plenty of 38-43 year old Cowboy and Steelers fans who jumped aboard the bandwagon in or about 1977, a terrible time in Giants history.

There are plenty of 32-35 year old 49ers fans who jumped on the bandwagon in or about 1981, when they won a Sb and the Giants were just starting to dig themselves out of the doldrums.

Same holds true for Raiders, Vikings and Broncos fans of these age brackets.

I was lucky, I liked the Giants all along and remember 1983 quite well. Do not know why I liked them I just did, probably because my first game in 1981 they won and I never wavered.

Bottom line, there are a whole slew of out of town fans who probably jumped on board due to the suckiness of the hometeam at a formidible age in accordance with a championship or big win.

Who the fuck is anyone to criticize how someone is a fan?

My first game was in 1996 and it was the Giants vs the Patriots.

Giants are winning 22 to 0 and end up loosing 23 to 22.

Oh and XXI I found a Giants ticket stub from 1997 it was the Giants vs. Redskins

tickets back then cost 40 bucks for section 119, I had to laugh at that.

My first game was in 1996 and it was the Giants vs the Patriots.

Giants are winning 22 to 0 and end up loosing 23 to 22.

Oh and XXI I found a Giants ticket stub from 1997 it was the Giants vs. Redskins

tickets back then cost 40 bucks for section 119, I had to laugh at that.

Jesus Christ 40 bucks? Thats like half the chair of the seat now?

Wow has it gone up.....

I am 35 years old so here is what I know about out of town team fans in the tri state .....

There are plenty of 38-43 year old Cowboy and Steelers fans who jumped aboard the bandwagon in or about 1977, a terrible time in Giants history.

There are plenty of 32-35 year old 49ers fans who jumped on the bandwagon in or about 1981, when they won a Sb and the Giants were just starting to dig themselves out of the doldrums.

Same holds true for Raiders, Vikings and Broncos fans of these age brackets.

I was lucky, I liked the Giants all along and remember 1983 quite well. Do not know why I liked them I just did, probably because my first game in 1981 they won and I never wavered.

Bottom line, there are a whole slew of out of town fans who probably jumped on board due to the suckiness of the hometeam at a formidible age in accordance with a championship or big win.

Who the fuck is anyone to criticize how someone is a fan?

Good point. The only thing that bothers me in this respect, is when someone doesnt root all yr long, then when they are in the big game, they are all of a sudden a lifelong die hard fan. Like people in AZ. :) It was pathetic when the DBacks beat the Yanks in 01' People were cheering on Louie Gonzaga. :huh:

Good point. The only thing that bothers me in this respect, is when someone doesnt root all yr long, then when they are in the big game, they are all of a sudden a lifelong die hard fan. Like people in AZ. :) It was pathetic when the DBacks beat the Yanks in 01' People were cheering on Louie Gonzaga. :huh:

Well thats why you gotta hand it to current Cowboy fans, not to many bandwagoners... consider these facts since their last playoff win in January 1996.

No one outside a diehard Yankee fan knew who Derek Jeter was, Joe Torre was still that clueless clown that once managed the Mets and the Yankees had not won a playoff game themselves in 15 years.

Bob Dole had not yet gotten the republican nomination to run against president Clinton in the November election...

There was no such thing as high speed internet...

Kerry Collins was a rookie QB for the Carolina Panthers....

Tom Coughlin was a rookie HC for the Jacksonville Jaguars....

The Ny Jets were in year 1 of the Rich Kotite era and had not yet drafted Keyshawn Johnson, they did have a promising young rookie named Wayne Chrebet though.....

Dave Brown was still the starting Qb for the 5-11 Ny Giants of 1995-96...

Keith Elias was a rookie RB ;):P (thats for you BB01)

Wow this is sad ......

Well thats why you gotta hand it to current Cowboy fans, not to many bandwagoners... consider these facts since their last playoff win in January 1996.

No one outside a diehard Yankee fan knew who Derek Jeter was, Joe Torre was still that clueless clown that once managed the Mets and the Yankees had not won a playoff game themselves in 15 years.

Bob Dole had not yet gotten the republican nomination to run against president Clinton in the November election...

There was no such thing as high speed internet...

Kerry Collins was a rookie QB for the Carolina Panthers....

Tom Coughlin was a rookie HC for the Jacksonville Jaguars....

The Ny Jets were in year 1 of the Rich Kotite era and had not yet drafted Keyshawn Johnson, they did have a promising young rookie named Wayne Chrebet though.....

Dave Brown was still the starting Qb for the 5-11 Ny Giants of 1995-96...

Keith Elias was a rookie RB ;):P (thats for you BB01)

Wow this is sad ......

LOL......good one. :P

You know, as of late, I have met some real cool and knowledgeable die hard cowboy fans. It seems like cowboy fans are into them for the celebrity type look, (famous cheerleaders, etc) and not the love of the team and sport. But you're right, true cowboy fans have stuck with them.

P.S. Not you badegg, just shut yer trap. :)

LOL......good one. :P

You know, as of late, I have met some real cool and knowledgeable die hard cowboy fans. It seems like cowboy fans are into them for the celebrity type look, (famous cheerleaders, etc) and not the love of the team and sport. But you're right, true cowboy fans have stuck with them.

P.S. Not you badegg, just shut yer trap. :)

badegg is a good cowboy fan, shit the guy came here bashing the Giants all year after a SB win and a division title, gotta respect that......

XXI here is a picture of the stub:

014.jpg

I am gonna take a picture of the 2008 NFC championship game ticket stub that sits here on my desk..... :mellow:

BTW you were 7 rows in front of me that day. That was a Saturday. I was 23 and drunk as a skunk with my friends. I enjoy games so much better now that I do not get ripped at them....