SportsWrath

Jerry Jones

xxi-xxv

He's a dick but I don't think Steinbrenner is a good man by all accounts. Remember, he got banned for life from baseball. You got to do some pretty shitty stuff (like trying to plant dirt on winfield) as an owner to get thrown out of baseball.

I agree. I can see how one would not like George, and he did do Winfield dirty, but he is a good man at heart. A man that does what ever it takes or cost to put the best product on the field for his fans cant be all bad. But Jerry Jones is just complete doucheyness. What a prick. I hope SO badly that the Eagles win.

Is there a bigger douche bag in all of American sport than this guy? I mean Al Davis is simply just a silly old man and Steinbrenner, although a dick at times is a good man at heart by all accounts. Jones, what a dick.

maybe...but the dog is of the opinion that you lose a little credibility here by stating that george steinbrenner is "a good man at heart by all accounts"...the dog wonders what has led you to believe that...

maybe...but the dog is of the opinion that you lose a little credibility here by stating that george steinbrenner is "a good man at heart by all accounts"...the dog wonders what has led you to believe that...

He did fire an employee that brought him the wrong sandwich, but I'm sure it was to teach her to be more thoughtful during her next venture.

A widely distributed quote of George Steinbrenner's during the Winfield era....was when he was being driven along the main street that eventually gets you onto the Robert Kennedy Bridge (formerly known as the Tri-Borough Bridge); as they passed a large playground he reportedly observed a group of Black and Latino kids playing basketball...he was quoted as saying as he watched a fast break slamdunk ...."look at those N's and S's (derogatory terms used for those two groups) they look like monkeys hanging from those rims. Plus he was convicted of tax fraud and perjury for the same regarding dealings of his management of his shipping business in the mid-70's. Not exactly a paragon of virtue in my book. But all in all Jones is a bigger fuck than Steinbrenner; and I believe I can be objective as I despise both of them.

Listen I am no Yankee fan by any means, but I have read by all accounts that the charity work that George has done in NY the past 35 years is unprecedented by any owner, including the great Mara family. And from what I have also read, in what would not be consistent with Georges personality, he did all this work behind the scenes and never wanted it out there that he was doing this.

A widely distributed quote of George Steinbrenner's during the Winfield era....was when he was being driven along the main street that eventually gets you onto the Robert Kennedy Bridge (formerly known as the Tri-Borough Bridge); as they passed a large playground he reportedly observed a group of Black and Latino kids playing basketball...he was quoted as saying as he watched a fast break slamdunk ...."look at those N's and S's (derogatory terms used for those two groups) they look like monkeys hanging from those rims. Plus he was convicted of tax fraud and perjury for the same regarding dealings of his management of his shipping business in the mid-70's. Not exactly a paragon of virtue in my book. But all in all Jones is a bigger fuck than Steinbrenner; and I believe I can be objective as I despise both of them.

Ahhh, see. Its a big misunderstanding. What he meant by N's and S's was NICE kids and SWEET boys. And who likes to pay alot of taxes? Not me! Perjury?? Everyone lies. :P

Well,that is uncalled for and probably why he did such an enormous amount of charitable work when his mind was of ability. I agree though Jones is a bigger dick.

Well,that is uncalled for and probably why he did such an enormous amount of charitable work when his mind was of ability. I agree though Jones is a bigger dick.

Yeah....I am not the burn em at the stake sort of person when it comes to mistakes. Especially of the verbal variety. I know about his charitable work and I think originally it was used a cover and to assuage guilt. Now I think he does it because he likes doing it. But personally beyond all of that I think he is a colossal prick. But Jerry Jones out cunts him by a considerable margin. Hank Schram and Landry were the epitome of General Manager/Coaching class in Broke Back land. And their previous owner was the right type as well....stayed in the background and let the football people run the show.