SportsWrath

Dave Diehl

Lughead

ESPN should spend more time on stories like this instead Pac Man and the thugs in the league.

Bump. It sounds corny but that is why the NFL was different from the other team sports. It has a high level of activity with charitable causes. How many times have you heard the latest baseball gazillionaire give 5 bucks to anything. Most of these guys would cry leaving a 5 dollar tip to a starving waitress.

Bump. It sounds corny but that is why the NFL was different from the other team sports. It has a high level of activity with charitable causes. How many times have you heard the latest baseball gazillionaire give 5 bucks to anything. Most of these guys would cry leaving a 5 dollar tip to a starving waitress.

The NHL actually has a lot of charitable activities as well, you just don't hear about it because nobody covers the NHL.

Apparently not Plax :o:rolleyes:

The NHL actually has a lot of charitable activities as well, you just don't hear about it because nobody covers the NHL.

Yes you are right; I have heard of a quite a few causes the Islanders have covered. It figures that the two sports where the rank and file get paid the least are the highest contributors.

Well for Plax five dollars is a fortune when he gives it away. LOL!!!

Yeah Can't pay $20 for a lap dance but could care less if he loses $100,000 per game? :confused:

I would Hate to see how much MONEY he has "LOST" this year. Even with this new No insurance bit could cost him more than one would expect. I mean DAMN I would of charged him 1/4 of that amount to make sure he was where he was soposed to be when he was soposed to be there .

Yeah Can't pay $20 for a lap dance but could care less if he loses $100,000 per game? :confused:

I would Hate to see how much MONEY he has "LOST" this year. Even with this new No insurance bit could cost him more than one would expect. I mean DAMN I would of charged him 1/4 of that amount to make sure he was where he was soposed to be when he was soposed to be there .

One thing we as Americans tend to do that is really illogical. We equate making big money with having basic common sense. As we are constantly reminded common sense should be re-labeled uncommon sense as it does seem to be in short supply for out celebrities and athletes.