SportsWrath

OFFICIAL BRING GABE KAPLER TO NY THREAD!

Allstarjim

I am majorly on the Gabe Kapler bandwagon. Here is a player that hit .354 against lefties with 4 homers in 80 ABs against them, and a 1.001 OPS against them. He can play all 3 OF positions, can play 1B, will accept being a role player, is a veteran high-character guy, and is the perfect right handed hitting bat the Mets need. He only made $800K last year, and would probably come to NY for no more than $2 million this year. There is literally no downside to this guy.

Everybody get on the Gabe Kapler bandwagon with me!

DO IT OMAR!

I am majorly on the Gabe Kapler bandwagon. Here is a player that hit .354 against lefties with 4 homers in 80 ABs against them, and a 1.001 OPS against them. He can play all 3 OF positions, can play 1B, will accept being a role player, is a veteran high-character guy, and is the perfect right handed hitting bat the Mets need. He only made $800K last year, and would probably come to NY for no more than $2 million this year. There is literally no downside to this guy.

Everybody get on the Gabe Kapler bandwagon with me!

DO IT OMAR!

Awesome idea! We can not only set the record for most closers in one bullpen, we can have the most 4th outfielders in the majors.

Awesome idea! We can not only set the record for most closers in one bullpen, we can have the most 4th outfielders in the majors.

We need a 4th outfielder... preferrably a right-handed hitting one with pop. The Mets will not be in the market for Manny, Pat Burrell, Adam Dunn... they need somebody to platoon with Murphy. That will probably be Tatis, but Kapler would be better... he's better defensively, and hits lefties better than even Tatis. Tatis could be the first bat off the bench. You know Murphy is going to be our leftfielder the vast majority of the time. I don't think the Mets take a chance with their middle infield defense by putting Murphy there.

Did Alou retire?

I love the guy, I think he's one of the best hitters I've ever seen. Always hits the ball hard. I'm not saying he should be the everyday LFer, but maybe he's worth keeping around as a pinch hitter?

Come on, Alou? Haven't we paid him enough to be on the DL already? Unfortunately, the NL still doesn't have a DH rule, jillywack! :P

Gabe Kapler, what a gentleman. At this point he's gotta platoon. He's had plenty of chances but never really cut it as a starter, despite being one of the fittest players in all of major league baseball. Maybe his chin gets in the way of him seeing the baseball, I don't know, but what I do know is that any team that gets him is going to be better for it.