SportsWrath

Has Dodge finally solved it's nose problems?

BleedinBlue

The Dodge cars have had some real aerodynamic problems since they switched from Intrepid to Chargers. NASCAR has denied Dodge the opportunity to change the nose in order to fix the problems, which is a story that is pretty well published.

But now, Dodge has won two races in a row.....one on a long super-speedway and another on a short track. Does this mean that the problems are finally gone?

Personally, I don't think so.

How is it that Chevy has become the dominant race car? What's that much different about Chevy that makes them more competititve?

Lastly, what does everyone think of the new "CoT" ("Car of Tomorrow") or sometimes called, "CoF" (NASCAR "Car of the Future") that is being tested this year and supposedly will become mandatory sometime over the next 3 years? Personally, I think it's ugly and I don't like it, but I also have only seen a few pictures of it. I don't like the split front end. Anyway, from what I can tell, every car will be bascally identical regardless of manufacturere and the grill design of each manufacturer is simply painted on.

Nascar is on a downward spiral imo. they want 43 identical cars with 43 indentical drivers driving them. They don't want personality and they don't want anyone to have an edge.

I agree. It sucks in my opinion. It will suck even more once they add Toyota to the traditionally all American race. I can hardly listen to Daryl Waltrip since he took the millions from Toyota to be their spokesman and push their product. I want to keep it GM-Dodge-Ford, the same as it's been since it's inception. Standardized cars with a new foreign manufacturer will not help NASCAR IMO.

:TD: CoT ,CoF whatever you wanna call it

COTdaytona2006.jpg

cot-chevy-atlanta.jpg

cot-petty-atlanta.jpg

cot-atlanta-bodine.jpg

notice the big air plow in the front and the "wing" instead of spoiler on ther rear deck lid

is 2009 the last year for ACTUALL manufacture's points? get thee cookie cutters off the track I say . I also say lets the fans vote on the CoT when Nascar thinks it knows what us fans want is when they start loosing fans nascar would be nothing with out the fans and our $ THE LESS FANS THE LESS $ has the downward spiral begun with the advent of the CoT ? I belive it will

Car of Tomorrow Implementation Schedule

2007:(16 races)

Bristol [2 races]

Martinsville [2]

Phoenix [2]

Richmond [2]

Dover [2]

New Hampshire [2]

Darlington

Infineon Raceway

Watkins Glen

Talladege [fall 2007]

2008:(26 races)

(adding to those from 2007)

Daytona [2]

California [2]

Pocono [2]

Michigan [2]

Indy

Talladega [fall]

2009:(all 36 races)

(adding to those from 2007+2008)

Las Vegas

Atlanta [2]

Texas [2]

Lowe's [2)

Chicago

Kansas

Homestead

:TD: CoT ,CoF whatever you wanna call it

COTdaytona2006.jpg

cot-chevy-atlanta.jpg

cot-petty-atlanta.jpg

cot-atlanta-bodine.jpg

notice the big air plow in the front and the "wing" instead of spoiler on ther rear deck lid

is 2009 the last year for ACTUALL manufacture's points? get thee cookie cutters off the track I say . I also say lets the fans vote on the CoT when Nascar thinks it knows what us fans want is when they start loosing fans nascar would be nothing with out the fans and our $ THE LESS FANS THE LESS $ has the downward spiral begun with the advent of the CoT ? I belive it will

Looks like a bastardized version of a grand prix car.

I agree with you bleedin about Toyota, makes me sick thuinking about it. I jokingly said the other day that when Toyota comes in next will be Honda and the cars will have coffee can mufflers and neon lights and hydrolics. From the fin on those cars, looks like I may not have been too far off.

Guess I'll just start going to the dirt tracks around here for my weekly racing fix.

:TD: