SportsWrath

Chase Blackburn

Lughead

saw a Tuck interview a couple of weeks ago when he called him Pierce's "mini-me". apparently he lives in Pierce's hip pocket and tries to do everything like him. There are far worse role models out there. It is great to see guys with average skill play great through smarts and heart.

you tell em bout that dirty white boy lug ;)

Blackburn likes running into trouble

November

Chase Blackburn probably deserves the award.

He’s the guy who runs full speed into the wedge several times every week looking to disrupt kickoff returns. And the versatile linebacker was recognized the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week after registering three solo tackles on kickoffs in Philadelphia.

Blackburn also ran headlong into Brian Westbrook on fourth-and-one to seal the win.

The idea of slamming into a wall can’t be very appealing, but it’s not completely out of character.

“I’ve always kind of been thinking like that,” Blackburn said. “I’ve been a wedge-buster since high school. I try to get myself in a different frame of mind before the play, get my head ready for contact. I don’t know if you ever see, I beat myself up a little before the play just to get myself ready mentally for that collision. Just a couple punches to the head, warm up the pads in there.”

:P