SportsWrath

WASHINGTON METS hahahahahah

meetdamets

No Met fan in their right mind should mock another team for losing critical games to the Nats in a September pennant race. Short memories everyone? It was just 12 short months ago when these same Nats beat the Mets 3 of 4 AT SHEA to essentially seal the Mets fate. I for one have not forgotten that and hope to also exercise that demon this September when we play them next week.

With that being said, nice 3 game lead going into the series where we are 10-5 vs them this year. Lets stay humble though and never forget 7 games with 17 to play. :ph34r:

Thanks for the perspective, XXI. I do feel confident this weekend, though! Very pumped!

Much like the team should do(and they are) we should keep it real and NEVER forget that disaster of 2007. I keep hearing how privately the Phillies feel in a big spot they are better than the Mets. Well guess what? we are 10-5 against them this year, have taken every series and have a real chance to make a move this weekend. Lets do it and then go destroy the (as Keith Hernandez would say)second division teams.

Much like the team should do(and they are) we should keep it real and NEVER forget that disaster of 2007. I keep hearing how privately the Phillies feel in a big spot they are better than the Mets. Well guess what? we are 10-5 against them this year, have taken every series and have a real chance to make a move this weekend. Lets do it and then go destroy the (as Keith Hernandez would say)second division teams.

I hate to say this but we are a different team than last year......we are beating the Phillies when we have to Hopfully we can win the series this weekend.......The Mets starting Pitching is SOme what healthy,We have A better Mixture of young and Veteran players kinda like The 86 team,and we have JOHAN......I believe this team is making a Push kinda like the Ny Giants last year.. this TEam has Destiny we are coming together at the right time.......LETS GOO METS YA GOTTA BELIEVE

I fucking hate philly.

I was at the game tonight, and the Mets were embarrasing themselves getting shut out. Damn... Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

DId you also notice on Dobbs home run when Victorino acted like he just had a threesome with Angelina Jolie and Jessica Alba? Arms raised in triumph like he wants you to smell his finger.

But hey, the Mets are the only team that excessively celebrates. :brooding:

I would venture a guess that your opinion has changed :doh:

Anyways I just turned on the game, from looking at the box score it looks like Ollie was busted up early. Anyone watch the game from the start?

Yeah Washington hit like 7 in a row from him and he gave up 7 ER in 4.

I know Billy's not a favorite among Mets fans and I won't defend everything he's ever said or done but he's not afraid to speak his mind and he doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. He knows he's gonna get roasted in the media and still refuses to sugarcoat it.

I felt for him a little tonight when he broke down after being asked about breaking the news to his son that he wouldn't be back next year and I rarely feel bad for athletes. I hope he's able to come back eventually even if it's not with the Mets.