SportsWrath

Brian Schneider

jranieli

Is terrible. When was the last time he got a hit? He has no power. Castro has proven that he can catch almost as well and has a much better bat. Just with Castillo, it is time for a platoon or sit him down. Discuss

Is terrible. When was the last time he got a hit? He has no power. Castro has proven that he can catch almost as well and has a much better bat. Just with Castillo, it is time for a platoon or sit him down. Discuss

Last time he got a big hit was the Saturday game in Philly when he broke had the go ahead hit in the 7th in a game the Mets went on to romp 9-4 I believe.

I do not think he is terrible, he is just not a great hitter. You are right though he suprisingly for a big guy has no power. Nice line drive hitter when he is hitting well.

As for Castro, I think what they should be in is a 4 days 3 days type situation with the hotter hitter getting the 4 and the colder one getting the 3.

One thing though, Schneider is a tremendous thrower and the Mets have not had a defensive catcher that can throw runners out like he does in a long long time.

You have a valid point though a platoon is probably in order.

Here is the way I see it, anyone better than LoDuca. I like Castro a lot but he has those injury problems. That is why I get worried to see him behind the plate everyday. He doesn't have a bad arm either but he is not as good as Brian.

schneider does everything else very well. calls a good game, good defense, and a good baserunner. he has an idea of what he's doing out there and i think he's more valuable then you think.

I echo gateb's comments, as well as xxi's. Schneider is a good ball player. When they brought him in, they knew they weren't getting a .300 hitter, 20 homer guy. That's not what he's paid to do. In every other facet, he is a plus player, and his value is understated. That said, they already platoon to a degree. I believe Castro when healthy plays just about every time there is a lefty on the mound for the opposition, and he should continue to do that as well as give Brian a blow regularly vs righties, perhaps once or twice a week. Overall, I'm pretty happy with what we're getting from that position.

he fucking sucks.

eh.... he is having a bad night. I think as a long time starter he is having trouble adjsuting to less playing time. For whatever reason I like the guy, seems like a good teammate and smart player, jus limited in his abilty as all.

• 3 weeks later...