SportsWrath

Best FA Signings

Lubeck

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story;jsessi...mp;confirm=true

NFL.com is listing the top FA signings in the 15 years of FA.

2005: Plaxico Burress, Giants

Former team: Steelers

Postion: Wide receiver

Reported terms: Six years, $25 million

The talented wideout had seen his production drop two straight years amid injury woes and perceived attitude issues in Pittsburgh. Such a background does not usually make a player highly sought after, but Burress was young and skilled enough that the Giants decided to gamble on the playmaker and it has paid off handsomely. He caught the winning touchdown in Super Bowl XLII and is one of the best receivers in the game. Honorable mention: LB Antonio Pierce (Redskins to Giants)

1999: Rich Gannon, Raiders

Former team: Chiefs

Postion: Quarterback

Reported terms: Four years, $16 million

At the time, Gannon's signing by Oakland was not considered major news. The 33-year-old veteran had never started 16 games in a season and was an afterthought in Kansas City after the Chiefs had named Elvis Grbac the starter. As it turned out, Gannon's signing may have been the best free-agent quarterback acquisition ever as he won two NFL MVP awards and led the Raiders to a Super Bowl appearance in 2003. Honorable mention: G Adam Timmerman (Packers to Rams)

:lol:

I still think Brees was a one-hit wonder. Sucked last year and will suck again this year.

His fantasy points were horrible. I actually used Eli more.

Ok so he wasn't a great fantasy performer but he still put up over 4400 yards and over 25 TDs. A lot of INTs but he was forced to play from behind a lot and was without a ground game.

Ok so he wasn't a great fantasy performer but he still put up over 4400 yards and over 25 TDs. A lot of INTs but he was forced to play from behind a lot and was without a ground game.

I didn't realise his totals were that high. I'll take the "sucked" part back.

I didn't realise his totals were that high. I'll take the "sucked" part back.

He also completed something like 67% of his passes. Brees had a great season and really saved that team from being another Rams or Dolphins.

I was going to post this before but work got in the way. Anyway Brees has actually made the Saints respectable which is no small feat. Also Plax is a good WR but he still had character issues. The SB run is great and maybe things will change but I wonder without that run if he would have made the list, I doubt it.