SportsWrath

Delgado "snubs" Fans?

feefifoefum

On WFAN today, and in local newspapers, it seems they are making a big deal over Delgado's refusal to acknowledge the fans with a curtain call yesterday. Chris Russo even went as far as saying that he was able to read David Wright's lips, and says he saw Wright telling Delgado not to take the bow.

I watched yesterday's game, and it seemed like Delgado was more indifferent than anything. I saw him talking to Wright, and others, and it didn't look like they were talking about the fans' reaction at all. They both are quoted as saying that they were talking about the at bat, not the fans.

Mike Francessa seems to think Delgado probably has pissed the fans off even more, and made a big mistake. Delgado said it just wasn't the time or place for a curtain call, adding that he respects the game too much and never really does it.

I believe him, and think this is just another overblown story for bored members of the media to talk about.

Any thoughts?

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. The real fans who follow the team day by day won't really care about that situation, but the fans who only listen to the FAN and read the headlines will give him crap about it.

The media needs to get a clue. And I'm saying that as someone who's dream is to become part of the media.

I really like listening to Ron Darling, but I think he started this whole thing with his overreaction to it.

I really like listening to Ron Darling, but I think he started this whole thing with his overreaction to it.

I'm not sure he overreacted, I think he just pointed it out. Actually I thought Gary was the one who wouldn't really let it go, trying to figure out why it's different then the Beltran situation. Ron said it was his perogative to not answer the call, and it was the correct way to respond to the fans if you aren't happy with them.

I think every paying customer has the right to boo them. They have been the third highest payroll in the league for the last few years and has not brought much. There are times when the fans boo just for the hell out of it and it's embarrassing. Schoenwise did not deserve all of it and it was unfair to Santana for getting booed. This team is underachieving. Delgado blows and deserves to get booed as much as anyone, maybe even more. Thank god, Zito is not on this team.

I think every paying customer has the right to boo them. They have been the third highest payroll in the league for the last few years and has not brought much. There are times when the fans boo just for the hell out of it and it's embarrassing. Schoenwise did not deserve all of it and it was unfair to Santana for getting booed. This team is underachieving. Delgado blows and deserves to get booed as much as anyone, maybe even more. Thank god, Zito is not on this team.

Santana getting booed was wrong, but all others deserved it. Some people seemed shocked that some guys were booed on Opening Day and in the home games since, but it's all about the embarrassing end to last season and only now do fans really get a chance to be heard. I'd like for one of these players to stand tall and say, "Maybe I should play better" the next time he gets booed instead of pouting in the dugout.

This team needs Jim Leyland.

I would have been more pissed if he did come out for a curtain call..... how do you go from being 0-100,000 finally hit two dingers and come out for a curtain call...... I think he showed some class by staying in the dugout, you know act like you have been there before.