SportsWrath

Hey, VG

LorfTVP

I'm sorry, VG.

But you have to understand.

Manny is a beast.

lol I was just coming here to post my apologies to VG. Poor guy. Looks like you posted this last night, so Manny gets thrown out today and what does Papi do? Steps right in with the big day, not to mention the kids like Pedroia and Lowrie. Don't fight it, VG. Just sit back and enjoy it, as a baseball fan. :worshippy:

At least i had to work all weekend and didn't have to sit home watching this embarrasment.

Eh, it ain't an embarrassment. The Sox are just firing on all cylinders right now. If you keep getting decent starting pitching, you'll win lots of games.

Have a Lifesaver, kid. ;)

0603-lifesavers.jpg

Eh, it ain't an embarrassment. The Sox are just firing on all cylinders right now. If you keep getting decent starting pitching, you'll win lots of games.

Have a Lifesaver, kid. ;)

0603-lifesavers.jpg

I know the sox are probly the best team in baseball, and i know my expectations are always too high. But shit, Millwood, Padilla and Gabbard have made 12 starts with an era of 2.69, but we're 7-12 because every other aspect of the game has failed us. :explode:

What a joke, all i read in the spring was the inportance of getting off to a better start, pitching, offense, defense, small ball, team chemistry blah blah blah.

Got another question answered in the Rangers mailbag.

Wasn't Washington's main selling point infield defense? How can we be losing games due to poor defense?

-- Mark A., Clear Brook, Va.

Rudy Jaramillo is considered the best hitting coach in baseball, but there are nights the Rangers lose because they don't hit. Washington has admittedly stuck his neck out by emphasizing his defensive pedigree, but the games are still ultimately determined by the players on the field. They do need to play better in a number of phases of the game.

OK, fine, but we're last in the al in fielding. Last year we were last in the al in fielding. Under Buck, in 2006 we were 6th, in 2004 and 2005 we were 10th, and that was with the human error Soriano playing 2nd, and in 2003 we were 4th.

Obviously there are different circumstances, different players. But Kinsler is an upgrade over Soriano defensivly, Michael Young is a bad fielding SS, Hank has been playing 3b well for years.

Bottom line, when you're an infield coach and you come in preaching defense, you can't be the worst defensive ball club in your league and expect the fans to be happy.