SportsWrath

Mets (7-6) vs Nationals (4-11) 7:10 PM

RandolphScott

Predictable response. And if you like that, go be a Yankee fan. Us Mets fans PREFER our team not to be tight-asses like the Yankees. Reyes is not Jeter, never will be, and shouldn't try to be. You can't make someone be someone they're not.

US MET fans, so because I find my team to be utterly embarassing in how they behave and act with success I am not a fan? LMAO :LMAO:

This is why people laugh at met fans, such an inferiority complex to the Yankees its blashphemy to even commend them.

Ok better example Chipper Jones, a guy who has owned us for 13 years, does he act like that?

US MET fans, so because I find my team to be utterly embarassing in how they behave and act with success I am not a fan? LMAO :LMAO:

This is why people laugh at met fans, such an inferiority complex to the Yankees its blashphemy to even commend them.

Ok better example Chipper Jones, a guy who has owned us for 13 years, does he act like that?

No, he just named his kid after the ballpark.

You hammered home my point right there. The guy had a putrid September and that day acted like all was good and alright in the world. Its like he thought it was over. Maybe if Reyes got some more hits and ran out more balls and did not have to get benched like he did in Houston and focused on the task at hand instead of pretending he was on some fucking Salsa line the team would not have embarassed itself in EPIC proportions.

There is no way you can convince me that Reyes acting like someone he's not is a good thing. When he's having fun, the team is having fun, and most importantly, WINNING! Reyes had a career slump at the worst possible time, but he wasn't the only one who was responsible for us losing last September.

No, he just named his kid after the ballpark.

I still cannot believe that people actually want REYES to act like a dancing squirrel again with that chorographed bullshit that incites other teams.

I was at the game last year when they beat Pettite and I believe ENDY hit the homer, you should have seen Reyes, it was embarassing and there is not a Met fan that would appreciate that if it was say Ryan Howard or Chase Utley or Jimmy Rollins.

There is no way you can convince me that Reyes acting like someone he's not is a good thing. When he's having fun, the team is having fun, and most importantly, WINNING! Reyes had a career slump at the worst possible time, but he wasn't the only one who was responsible for us losing last September.

I ave no problem with having fun, highfives, pep talks, firing up the troopos, but when he is on the top step of the dugout dancing like a chicken for the whole world to see when they mets are up 3-0 in the 2nd I am sorry I do not want to see that.

Have you ever seen one of those choreographaed dances with Delgado, its a fucking disgrace.

I think it's embarrassing to have such anal fans, but that's just me. It's not an inferiority complex. I don't like the Yankees. And part of it is there faux "we're more professional than everyone else" attitude. It's the Steinbrenners and Jeter's passive-aggressive cocky attitude. It's their fans criticizing the greatest player in baseball, Alex Rodriguez, saying his homeruns only come when they don't need them. It's a lot of things, and I swear if the Mets ever become like them it will be a sad day.

For the record, the team with Paul O'Neill, Tino Martinez, and Scott Brosius and company was a likeable team.

Dude, I just think Reyes should be himself and no one else, no matter what anyone says or thinks. I don't think it costs us ballgames. I think poor pitching, hitting, and fielding costs us ballgames. I'd much rather see him having fun and "dancing like a chicken" and us winning, then not.

I think it's embarrassing to have such anal fans, but that's just me. It's not an inferiority complex. I don't like the Yankees. And part of it is there faux "we're more professional than everyone else" attitude. It's the Steinbrenners and Jeter's passive-aggressive cocky attitude. It's their fans criticizing the greatest player in baseball, Alex Rodriguez, saying his homeruns only come when they don't need them. It's a lot of things, and I swear if the Mets ever become like them it will be a sad day.

For the record, the team with Paul O'Neill, Tino Martinez, and Scott Brosius and company was a likeable team.

agreed about the O'Neil Yanks, but Jeter is an extension of them.

Its funny you do not like that type of team yet are a Giant fan. The Giants have always likened themselves classier and more professional than other organizations with an "act like you have been there approach". I just remember playing baseball in college and never allowing the opponent to make it appear we thought we were better or that any game is over. Sadly when Reyes does this, at time very early in games it makes it seem like 'ha its 3-0 you are done', just do it quitely. Like I said, rah rah in the DUGOUT not on the top step.

Manny Acta is stupid! He just walked Delgado intentionally with a guy that throws gas. Despite the fact that Delgado drove in the tying run, I have yet to see him turn on a fastball quicker than 92 mph this year. In fact, not sure if I've seen him do it in the 2nd half of last year, either!

Huh.... walk the almost automatic put-out for the hottest batter on team?

More crow for me..... this one is much less tasty.

Worst thing about extra innings, I am hesitant to pop another beer because the game can be over any second. Maybe a shot will do better

and he incited a team who had their nags packed and ready to go home. They played that game as hard as they played any all year. The manager managed it like it was a world series game.

Ever hear the old adage let sleeping dofs lie? The Mets led by the dancing squirrel Reyes could not do that and paid dearly the next day.

We weren't winning that game whether Reyes danced the previous day or not.

Keith was right when he bickered about it last year. It's fine in the dugout... just keep it there.

We weren't winning that game whether Reyes danced the previous day or not.

Keith was right when he bickered about it last year. It's fine in the dugout... just keep it there.

agreed, but Reyes antics incited teams all year. Like you said, keep it outta sight. This is an 86 Met telling you this, tells you all you need to know about how over the top it was.