SportsWrath

So what do you guys think? Do the Yanks have it this year?

BleedinBlue

Well....we're off to a decent start....2-1. Toronto will be a tough team all year so I'm happy to take two out of three.

Hughs and Joba look like they're shaping up. "Bobay" (Abrieu) looks like he'll start out hot this year instead of ice cold like last year.

The Tampa series should be interesting kicking off tonight. Potential bean ball war and possibility of a fight breaking out. Both teams on edge and accusing the other of poor sportsmenship.

Plus, we'll see if Kennedy has his shit together tonight.

I feel good about this team, but Boston is obviously going to be tough again this year.

I feel good about this team, but Boston is obviously going to be tough again this year.

Boston? I think we both have to start worrying more about the Jays. Blunitic was right about their pitching staff. I hate to wish ill on other players, but if they stay healthy, they are the team to beat.

Boston? I think we both have to start worrying more about the Jays. Blunitic was right about their pitching staff. I hate to wish ill on other players, but if they stay healthy, they are the team to beat.

Maybe its just me, but until proven otherwise I usually go with the team that is the defending champion as the team to beat, never wavering on that idea until its to be determined, something certainly that cannot be done after 1 week of baseball.

What I find amusing is when the players say that spring training is too long, and it's mainly for the pitchers to get their arms going,"cause the hitters only need 2 weeks tops to get their swing back". Oh really?? Cause right now, my bronx bombers aren't hittin' for shit right now. I know they'll come around, but it's frustrating to see so early on in the season. :brooding:

Well....when I wrote this initial post, we were 2-1, having taken two from the Jays. But since then, Tampa has schooled the Yanks and I'm beginning to wonder if the Yankees are ever going to start stinging the ball. The hitters are just plain sucking so far.

But I have to constantly remind myself that its a long, long season. Teams who win about 6 out of 10 games are playoff bound teams and streaks - both winning and losing - are the biggest contributers to the season's final record.

Still...I'd like to see a few Yanks come around and start swatting the ball with authority! :(

Look on the bright side. We're playing .500 ball without the hitting. We couldn't do that last year.

The Yanks ALWAYS start out this way, with one question or another. The bats will wake up, I'm confident of that. Its the pitching I want to come around.

As for the team to beat, it has to be the Sux, or even us if history means anything, but I definatley am watching Toronto, they could surprise you.

The Yanks ALWAYS start out this way, with one question or another. The bats will wake up, I'm confident of that. Its the pitching I want to come around.

As for the team to beat, it has to be the Sux, or even us if history means anything, but I definatley am watching Toronto, they could surprise you.

Wang has been great through two starts. Hughes had a good start. Moose did real well tonight.

Bruney has done a good job relieving. The Joba/Mariano combo is deadly.

Hopefully Kennedy gets his shit together. Petitte got a bit roughed up but I am not too concerned.

Really the pitching staff is the one strong part so far this season.

The hitting started to show a little life last night. The Yanks have always been a "hot-weather, hot-hitting" team so I suspect by mid-season, they'll be smacking the ball well. I think the biggest surprise is Cano, who was on fire all Spring, but can barely make contact now that the games mean something.

But if Kennedy gets his shit together and Pettite has a typical "Pettite year", they'll be in the thick of things by late summer.

Wang has been great through two starts. Hughes had a good start. Moose did real well tonight.

Bruney has done a good job relieving. The Joba/Mariano combo is deadly.

Hopefully Kennedy gets his shit together. Petitte got a bit roughed up but I am not too concerned.

Really the pitching staff is the one strong part so far this season.

True, in this short time so far, they have been. Hopefully thats a good sign. Because I'm confident that the Bronx Bombers will start putting up runs. Its Moose Im most pleased about. After last season I didnt know if he had anything left in the tank.