SportsWrath

2008 NFL Rule Changes

Dragon

I say 2 divisions of 8. I know it seems a lot, one east, one west in each conference. Then the NFL could go to the 8 team playoffs out of each conference, which is something they are going to do anyway in a few years.

The top 2 division winners in each conference get homefield throughout as a reward for winning the division, then the next 6 teams get in based on record regardless of division.

Oh and for teams that decide to tank games. Teams draft based on the fact that even though they did not get into the playoffs, the fact that they have the best record of the non playoff teams mean they get the first picks in the draft.

Dear god I hope that doesn't happen. Then the NFL will be like the NHL and NBA. It won't be special making the playoffs.

I agree, say goodbye to at least half the side line catches. I don't like the rule change.

That's bullshit, they just have to place the pass one step further in. If the receiver, who already has the advantage, can't bring the ball down inbounds without relying on a pushout from the defender then your offense has serious issues.

That's bullshit, they just have to place the pass one step further in. If the receiver, who already has the advantage, can't bring the ball down inbounds without relying on a pushout from the defender then your offense has serious issues.

agreed. this will affect only a small percentage of sideline catches.

most of the time the receiver is untouched when throwing to the sideline.

I like the rule change. You're either in or out. No room for speculation by a 3rd party.

agreed. this will affect only a small percentage of sideline catches.

most of the time the receiver is untouched when throwing to the sideline.

I like the rule change. You're either in or out. No room for speculation by a 3rd party.

The biggest effect will be on TDs in the back of the endzone. Like you say it takes away 3rd party speculation in potentially game-deciding situations.