SportsWrath

Mike Carey states he would have blown whistle if Eli feel back 1"

An article in today's Daily News states that Mike Carey (the Referee for the Supe) had his whistle in his mouth ready to blow the play dead: "If Eli was pulled back one inch I would have blown the whistle". He still does not know how Eli escaped. Heard it on the Boomer Esiason Show on WFAN. Boomer further states that it was a great Supe in that the refs were making a conscious decision not to influence the outcome of the game. That is a welcome change because many of us were leery of Carey as he called the regular season game and there were a couple of "anomalies" :rolleyes: to say the least. Hats off to Carey. :)

Inside The NFL showed the play from a different angle last night and you can clearly see him about to or ready to blow his whistle. Extremely needless to say I'm glad he didn't.

On a side note: Farewell Inside the NFL :cwy: ...on HBO at least. I loved that show because of the NFL Films highlights. No one does it better than NFL Films. No one.

Inside The NFL showed the play from a different angle last night and you can clearly see him about to or ready to blow his whistle. Extremely needless to say I'm glad he didn't.

It's really amazing when you watch that series again to see how many things went right for us and how close we were a few times to disaster. patriots fans have every right to feel nauseous.

If they had called that dead I would have been livid. Vince Young last season was BACKPEDALING WITH KIWI HOLDING HIM and they didn't call it dead.

Exactly...I thought that had become the new yard stick regarding the in the grasp. We should just go back to the days of planting them like cabbages....that way no doubts about whether he was down or not. But watch the personal fouls go through the roof. :P

It's really amazing when you watch that series again to see how many things went right for us and how close we were a few times to disaster. patriots fans have every right to feel nauseous.

That is what I love about us Giants fans....we give two craps about others when they could care less about us. I guess we are the best fans in the world. :P Seriously we have had so many of those bizarre finishes happen to us we can empathize.