SportsWrath

You Know them there Giants

Lughead

January 15, 2008

Giants are a national sensation

Apparently the secret about your Giants is out.

Their 21-17 win over the Cowboys in Texas on Sunday was apparently a national sensation. According to the NFL, the game had 40.1 million viewers, making it the most watched show on TV since the Academy Awards (40.2 million on Feb. 25) and the most watched NFL divisional playoff game since January, 1997 (Dallas at Carolina, 42.7 million).

I think it also makes it the second most popular show of the week on TV, right behind SNY's Friday edition of Daily News Live.

By the way, in case you want to relive the Giants-Cowboys game, the NFL Network will be airing a special, 90-minute NFL Replay version of the game on Wednesday at 8 p.m.

And that's not the only thing the NFL Network has for you this week:

On Friday, at times to be determined, they'll air all the traditional championship week press conferences – live from both Green Bay and Giants Stadium.

Also on Friday, at 10 p.m., they'll air a 30-minute NFL Films' show on the last Giants-Packers playoff tussle – "NFL's Greatest Games: 1962 NFL Championship – Packers at Giants" (I won't spoil the ending for you).

Finally, on Saturday at 8:30 p.m., while I'm freezing my rear off in Wisconsin, they will re-air the Packers-Giants Week 2 game in its entirety.

By Ralph Vacchiano

Concerning the "national sensation" of the Giants.

If there's one thing in this country that is a common thread among real NFL fans....that is their downright hatred of the Cowboys. Sure...every town and every city has their share of ravid cowboy fans wearing gaudy blue and silver jackets and hats....but that just makes those who aren't Cowboy fans despise the Cowboys. And the regular joe NFL fan is offended by the long on-going campaign that Dallas is "America's Team". Bullshit, it's Texas' team and the handful of reebies scattered throughout the country.

I don't think the Giants converted a lot of fans to become Giants' fans, but they sure had the nation's support on Sunday from the millions who hate egotistical, inflated self worth assholes like Jimmy Jones, T.O., and the overhyped Cowboys.

Don't get me wrong....there are some Cowboys who still have some class. However, since Landry and Staubach left the team...the class acts are very few and far between.