SportsWrath

Corner back depth

hey

This is my rendition of our best possible corner back rotation.(assuming Will Peterson comes back healthy)

I have the feeling we arn't going to draft a corner on at least the first day.

1.Sam Madison

2.Will Peterson

3.Corey Webster

4.R.W. (Maybe they're going to try to convert him to FS)

5.Draft pick

Please cut Frank Walker and Deltoast. I'm not sure if Will Allen would fit in if we were to re-sign him.

Your thoughts :)

Guest minerva

Peterson is 50/50 and Walker should get one more shot and a set of brains, he has talent and is aggressive, which is needed.

Deltoast is quite a story that he is even in the NFL. I think that he didn't even start playing football until a couple of years ago. If that's the case then who knows, Coughlin really liked him at the beginning of last season and said that he is really quick and reacts to the ball well, but he just needs to get out there and play and learn from his mistakes. It will be really good to have Madison around to teach him, he has all the tools but needs to learn to translate them to the playing field.

This is my rendition of our best possible corner back rotation.(assuming Will Peterson comes back healthy)

I have the feeling we arn't going to draft a corner on at least the first day.

1.Sam Madison

2.Will Peterson

3.Corey Webster

4.R.W. (Maybe they're going to try to convert him to FS)

5.Draft pick

Please cut Frank Walker and Deltoast. I'm not sure if Will Allen would fit in if we were to re-sign him.

Your thoughts :)

I see Webster starting this year from opening day. We didn't draft him to be our 3rd CB. He needs the playing time if we are going to evaluate whether he will be a good CB or not.

I agree that Webster has to start, but by some slight chance Will Pete is healthy then I would love to have him and Madison as our premier backs. If Will Allen comes back then things will get really tricky, but we will have more depth at that position then any team in the NFL.

I agree that Webster has to start, but by some slight chance Will Pete is healthy then I would love to have him and Madison as our premier backs. If Will Allen comes back then things will get really tricky, but we will have more depth at that position then any team in the NFL.

Do you really think Will Peterson will be healthy enough to be a solid starter for us? I think even if he doesn't retire from this injury it will take at least a full year for him to recover.

Do you really think Will Peterson will be healthy enough to be a solid starter for us? I think even if he doesn't retire from this injury it will take at least a full year for him to recover.

No, I don't think that he'll return from this injury. I wish that the Giants would update their web site though and give us some informatin about this. I'd like to know what the latest news is on his injury. Just think that 2 years ago they were calling our Cbs the best young tandom in the league.

yea Giants.com sucks right now.

Eisens mailbag is about 2 months old and the damn quoute of the day is the quote of every other week. An when they decide to to get extra fancy, they'll put a stat of the day. lol :furious:

The CB situation for us is a very confusing for us. Nothing is really right. Webster and Madison are not good enough to possibly contain the Skins, Cowboys, and maybe Eagles passing game while Webster should be starting from day one. So what do we do? We want Deloatch to play nickel but we need stronger depth at CB. Very confusing.

The CB situation for us is a very confusing for us. Nothing is really right. Webster and Madison are not good enough to possibly contain the Skins, Cowboys, and maybe Eagles passing game while Webster should be starting from day one. So what do we do? We want Deloatch to play nickel but we need stronger depth at CB. Very confusing.

It's not certain Webster won't be good enough come opening day. Last year he was a rookie and this year he's going to have a full offseason to plan and prepare for next season. I'm instilling faith in him.

Will Peterson and Sam Madison should be our starters with RW at nickel and Corey Webster at dime, as it stands now. Come training camp and preseason is when Webster will either A. make a run or B. stay at dime...but as of now, there's no reason Corey Webster should be slated as a starting CB for us.

It's not certain Webster won't be good enough come opening day. Last year he was a rookie and this year he's going to have a full offseason to plan and prepare for next season. I'm instilling faith in him.

But we really have no idea as of now. And if we are playing TO twice a year again, Moss, Randle El, and Lloyd twice a year and more, I'm not going to have full faith that Webster will have an immediate impact this season. I do believe he will be a solid CB when given time but if we want to fill our hopes of winning now, Webster makes me a little bit nervous.

Will Peterson and Sam Madison should be our starters with RW at nickel and Corey Webster at dime, as it stands now. Come training camp and preseason is when Webster will either A. make a run or B. stay at dime...but as of now, there's no reason Corey Webster should be slated as a starting CB for us.

Peterson might be done. Webster is already a better player than McQuarter, who sucks.

What is confusing? At the start of free agency, the Giants top 3 CBs were Corey Webster, Curtis Deloatch, and Frank Walker. They are adding veterans in the secondary, but they don't want to overspend. What are the Giants trying to do? Add talent at a preferable cost. Not complicated...

Peterson might be done. Webster is already a better player than McQuarter, who sucks.

I don't know about that, chief. I also don't know about this whole filling in Webster as a starter solely because we have some 'obligation' due to the fact he's a second round pick. He has a good training camp/preseason, I will be singing a different tune.

What is confusing? At the start of free agency, the Giants top 3 CBs were Corey Webster, Curtis Deloatch, and Frank Walker. They are adding veterans in the secondary, but they don't want to overspend. What are the Giants trying to do? Add talent at a preferable cost. Not complicated...

Well, it appears nothing is normal. It's not great when you look at it on paper but when you think about it, there is no point in burning more of our money on other guys when you basically have three decent CBs, or at least, guys with potential. It's right in the middle.

Well, it appears nothing is normal. It's not great when you look at it on paper but when you think about it, there is no point in burning more of our money on other guys when you basically have three decent CBs, or at least, guys with potential. It's right in the middle.

it's more like our CB situation isn't what one would call 'ideal'...

I don't know about that, chief. I also don't know about this whole filling in Webster as a starter solely because we have some 'obligation' due to the fact he's a second round pick. He has a good training camp/preseason, I will be singing a different tune.

From what I've heard, Peterson is more than likely done in the NFL. As for Webster, I think he'll be ready to start. He has a ton of ability, and the difference between year 1 and year 2 is typically huge for CBs. Remember how improved Allen and Peterson were in 2002?

What's abnormal? What would you expect them to do? They've approached the CB position the same way most expected them to ... by adding veterans at an otherwise inexperienced position...

What's abnormal? What would you expect them to do? They've approached the CB position the same way most expected them to ... by adding veterans at an otherwise inexperienced position...

i dont think he mentioned anything about the way the giants are 'handling' the situation. It's more the fact we have an aging starting cb, a cb that is coming off injury and might not be able to return, a sophomore, and a bunch of backups...the situation is definitely weird.