SportsWrath

Shelley Duncan

Ditto

This guy had almost 90 rbi’s when the Yanks brought him up this. To me, that makes him a potential rbi machine. Imagine what he’d do hitting behind Damon, Jeter and Abreu for a whole season. At any rate, he’d keep teams from loading up with lefties against us.

The problem is, where to put him. I haven’t seen enough of him on defense to have an opinion. In the outfield, he probably has the best arm we have out there, although on one play I saw, he looked a little like Mel Hall, and that’s bad. I didn’t see any negatives when he played first, but then again, I haven’t seen enough of him. What I’m wondering is if he’s our answer to third base.

I've read some reports that say the Yanks don't think he's ready for the Major's.

He's 27 years old, what are they waiting for?

BTW Duncan once played for the Yankees years ago, he went by the name of Shane SPencer, which does not mean he cannot be a very productive player, just probably never a supestar. I for one like the guy, bt there are some holes in his swing.

He's 27 years old, what are they waiting for?

BTW Duncan once played for the Yankees years ago, he went by the name of Shane SPencer, which does not mean he cannot be a very productive player, just probably never a supestar. I for one like the guy, bt there are some holes in his swing.

The good old days of role players in the Yankees roster. When every guy on the bench was just as reliable as the guy he is replacing.

its a very scary thought that our only rh power threat is shelley duncan. Love him as a bench player and clubhouse guy...but he is not a starting caliber type of player, there is a reason why he's been in the minors for so long..same thing with Andy Phillips...Duncan will strike out 200+ times as a starter.

its a very scary thought that our only rh power threat is shelley duncan. Love him as a bench player and clubhouse guy...but he is not a starting caliber type of player, there is a reason why he's been in the minors for so long..same thing with Andy Phillips...Duncan will strike out 200+ times as a starter.

I'm fairly confident he'd hit... if he wasn't left on the bench to rust like he was in Sept. My concern is his fielding. What little we saw of him at first, he didn't look bad, and if he can play 1b, he should be able to learn 3rd. I looked at his minor league stats, and when he plays regular, he produces runs.

I'm fairly confident he'd hit... if he wasn't left on the bench to rust like he was in Sept. My concern is his fielding. What little we saw of him at first, he didn't look bad, and if he can play 1b, he should be able to learn 3rd. I looked at his minor league stats, and when he plays regular, he produces runs.

and he struck out a ton in the minors....there is a HUGE difference between the pitchers you face at AAA and and the majors. AAA players are generally has beens or never will be's. The good players in AAA dont stay there long at all.